A common question we receive here at The Worship Community and a very highly searched term in general is: What are the top fast and upbeat praise and worship songs? It seems there are times when we just struggle to find that perfect “top of the setlist” opener that will not only break the ice but also sincerely call people to worship effectively.
Well, we scoured the the top 25 lists from August 2012 through February 2014 and came up with this list of upbeat songs. We’ve included songs that could also be considered “moderate (medium) tempo” because with enough energy and the proper arrangement they will work well as “upbeat” praise and worship songs.
Keep in mind these are songs that are reported through CCLI and may not include the newest, greatest, “hot” worship songs out today, but is a list of what churches from all over are reporting as being used regularly over the past year.
We know this list goes back to a year and a half ago, but if you’ve not introduced these songs to your congregation yet, they are great options and have proven well, as reflected by their rankings in the CCLI charts. These include new songs and older songs as well.
Included is the name of the song (linked to the ccli song page which includes lyrics, lead sheets, chord sheets, audio, vocal sheets, and copyright info); the author(s); and the ccli number (also linked to ccli song page).
Top Fast & Upbeat Praise & Worship Songs of 2013:
- Our God (Redman, Tomlin, Myrin, Reeves) – ccli# 5677416
- Everlasting God (Brown, Riley) – ccli# 4556538
- Hosanna (Praise Is Rising) (Baloche, Brown) – ccli# 4662491
- Jesus Messiah (Tomlin, Carson, Reeves, Cash) – ccli# 5183443
- Your Grace Is Enough (Maher) – ccli# 4477026
- Happy Day (Cantelon, Hughes) – ccli# 4847027
- Forever (Tomlin) – ccli# 3148428
- Open The Eyes of My Heart (Baloche) – ccli# 2298355
- Glory To God Forever (Fee, Beeching) – ccli# 5384338
- Your Love Never Fails (McClarney, Skinner) – ccli# 5337172
Notable Fast & Upbeat Praise & Worship Songs in the Top 100 SongSelect & Top 100 CCLI charts (as of February 2014):
- This is Amazing Grace (Riddle, Farro, Wickham) – ccli# 6333821
- Christ Is Risen (Maher, Fieldes) – ccli# 5242683
- God’s Not Dead (Like A Lion) (Bashta) – ccli# 5675274
- Build Your Kingdom Here (Rend Collective Experiment) – ccli# 6186078
- Alive (Pappas, King) – ccli# 6605212
- Days of Elijah (Mark) – ccli# 1537904
- You Never Let Go (Redman) – ccli# 4674166
- You Are Good (Johnson, Riddle) – ccli# 5191806
- Here For You (Reeves, Maher, Redman, Wanstall) – ccli# 5925649
- My Savior Lives (Packiam) – ccli# 4882965
- Sing Sing Sing (Tomlin, Carson, Reeves, Gilder, Nunn) – ccli# 5114065
- Marvelous Light (Hall) – ccli# 4491002
- I Am Free (Egan) – ccli# 4220974
- Friend of God (Houghton, Gungor) – ccli# 3991651
- Sing To The King (Foote, Horne) – ccli# 4010902
- I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever (Martin Smith) – ccli# 1043199
- You Are Good (Houghton) – ccli# 3383788
- My Redeemer Lives (Morgan) – ccli# 2397964
- Beautiful One (Hughes) – ccli# 3915912
* In no particular order.