Tracy Emmons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracy Emmons

Hello! I'm new to The Worship Community. I love this site!

I am the Praise Team director for a Methodist Church in Iowa. I've been singing in various denominations and groups since I was very young. Started out Baptist singing with the brothers and sister, went to a non-denominational Christian college back in late 80's early 90's and there did a lot of traveling with musical ensembles. Traveled with an Assembly of God evangelist for several years after college. Now live in a small rural community and I minister in our church and community. I give piano and voice lessons during the week, work at our Church preschool and help with music leading at our after school children's program as well. It has been a bit of an uphill climb of baby steps to introduce a band and singers to our church. Our Pastor is very loving and sensitive to our congregation so we have been slowly but surely been making changes here and there. I trust his wisdom in this because I think I would've just barged in and scared everyone away. We have such great dreams of what God can do in our lives but we also have experienced a few growing pains along the way. There is an amazing resource of incredibly talented musicians in our church so fitting everyone together has been and is a very prayer filled, God-seeking process. Sometimes I feel in WAY over my head. Other times I wish that our team members knew where I've been and what I've experienced so maybe they would respect me a bit more. Thank you for this site, it has already blessed and informed me in many ways.

Welcome to TWC, Tracy. glad to have you onboard, and that you are already getting involved.
    Tom

Comment

Do you have any projection suggestions for someone starting out in a small(ish) room with low ceilings? We don't want to hit the church members in the face with our projectors as they stand up. I hope this makes sense!
      Pass your Pass4sure OG0-092 exam in first try guaranteed using Intel study guide and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) dumps questions.For more details visit now Cankdeska Cikana Community College page best wishes.

Comment

You describe yourself and the people around with much grace. I'm sure there's a few folks here who can relate with where you're at. I was part of the process of moving my church from more traditional to more contemporary style of music. But I stepped in long after they had introduced a band. You're going to have a lot to teach folks who are going through the same transition.
        @iamjskinny
        blog

Comment

Working...
        X