Intro - Mark Flath from Agua Dulce, California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro - Mark Flath from Agua Dulce, California

Blessings to you all in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I am just a nobody who can only claim any Glory through God's Grace. I am a liturgical leader, not a musical leader, but I am leading our annual Lent Taize service which thankfully for me, I am able to obtain most of our Taize songs on line. There is one however that I just cannot find one to my liking and this is why I have come to this forum, to find someone who would be willing to play and record a very simple Taize song/chant.

Follow this link to hear just this one song and if you cannot access it via Mozilla, try using IE or send me an email and I can send you the wma file. It is a bad example which I recorded, but an example none-the-less of what I am looking for. You can see how it does not fit with everything else I have incorporated (at the 6:15 minute mark is the song in question), which is why I am looking for something much better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fykpOvZ2OJ8

I would be happy with one of the following:
    • Beautiful vocals only
    • Beautiful instrumental only: Chords with a melody lead, melody only, chords only?
    • Beautiful instrument and vocals together.

The lyrics are repeated 3 times for each verse, and each verse is sung 6-7 times with the last one slowing down:

Be still and know that I am God

3/4 time of course between 50-60, and in the key of:

Melody line:
    F: _ _C/ C A D /C _ C/ C G Bb/ A _ A/ A Bb C /D _ D/ D E F/ E _ E/ F C D/ C _ Bb/ A _ G/ F (repeat 6 times)

Bb: _ _ F/ F E G/ F _ F/ F C Eb/ D _ D/ D Eb F /G _ G/ G A Bb/ A _ A/ Bb F G/ F _ Eb /D _ C/ Bb (repeat 6 times)

Bb is more suitable for my bass/baritone range.

The 1st note in the 3rd,5th,7th,9th, 11th and 12th measure are 2 beats.

God Bless,

Mark
    markflath@sbcglobal.net
    Attached Files
    Last edited by markflath; 11-22-2014, 12:22 PM. Reason: i forgot to add the jpeg files

be still notes.jpg
    Attached are the notes/lyrics for 1 verse

Comment

Working...
    X