Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12strings, near Louisville, KY

Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a while, but never put up an introduction until now. I've been a pastor leading worship at my current church (in Indiana, about an hour from Louisville, KY) for 7 years. We sing a blend of old and new songs with Acoustic guitar, Bass, grand piano, drum set, and occasional flute or electric keyboard, and a few other singers. I generally lead from either guitar or piano, but occasionally from congas, or no instrument.

I'm married with 2 young kids, and I really love my church. We have around 200 on Sunday morning, and have been steadily growing the last few years. I really focus on congregational singing, and aim to let the band facilitate that singing.

Last important fact, for a church of our size, I whole-hardheartedly recommend Hot Rods and Cool Rods instead of normal drumsticks...makes all the difference in the world. If you are in a smaller room, and your drums are too loud, GET SOME! Don't think about it, don't ask your drummer first...JUST DO IT! :-) Then hide the real sticks! Go for it!

;-)

Welcome to TWC! There are many here who love to help. So, don't be shy. Contribute to threads, start some threads, etc. We love supporting one another. Blessings!
    Melanie Siewert, Christ's Servant
    BLOG: http://www.worshipvanguard.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
    X