No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

My name is Simon Woods and I am a member of a multi-ethnic, multi-site church in Bristol, England. We have 3 satellite congregations across the city and have been operating like this for about 3 years.

I have led music and worship on and off since I was about 20 in mostly small churches. I play piano, acoustic guitar, bass and drums and enjoy writing songs, when I have time. I am married with 4 children and I have been teaching primary aged children for 15 years.

My vision for music and worship at my church is to lead and develop musicians ability and 'spiritual life' and to forge teams which are committed to leading people in worship of God, reminding them who God is and why He is worthy. We have recently started an annual youth event called Nextgen which exists to encourage young people to respond to God in a contemporary and safe setting. It's early days, but I hope that the ideas and forms we experiment with will filter into our regular services and provide the congregations with the opportunity and encouragement to go further with and into God during corporate worship.

Thanks for the forum

Simon

Welcome to TWC, Simon! Please feel free to dive right and contribute to the forums as well as start new threads. We're to mutually encourage one another in our crafts. So, don't be shy. Blessings!
    Melanie Siewert, Christ's Servant
    BLOG: http://www.worshipvanguard.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
    X