Hello Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone!

Hey everybody! My name is Alex Harris and I am from Jasper Alabama. I currently involved in a Band/worship band (House 57) and we go around and play (mostly covers but a few original songs) for churches, youth groups, events, etc..; and am also involved with a church-plant not too far down the road called Crosstown. I play Drums and percussion. Lately I have been wanting to get into loops so I bit the bullet purchased a Roland SPD-sx. This brings me to how I discovered this community; I was searching for loops online and I stumbled upon a guy named Steve Birss on here who was/is graciously letting people request loops that he currently uses. I have emailed Steve and hope that he replies swiftly.

Does anyone know where-else I could get loops, or perhaps even more powerful, enhance my knowledge on loops and their creation? I am thinking about getting Abelton to complement my SPD-sx; is this a god choice, or do you know of a different program I should check out first??

Hi Alex

Check out LoopCommunity.com or LoopsInWorship.com, lots of forums, tutorials, and loops! Ableton is the most used for loops.

Comment

Welcome Alex,
      I have found loopcommunity.com to be a great resource for loops as well as instruction. I have been using Abelton Live Intro for about a year and with a MacBook pro and Soft step controller with very good results.
      Glenn

Comment

Welcome to TWC, Alex!!! Hope you find what you're seeking. I'm currently looking for loops myself in the form of 6/8 latin percussion, and having a tough time at it. So, I'm using my Yamaha YPG-535 keyboard to "write" the parts myself. Oh boy, it's a challenge!! If you have any insight into this, PLEASE feel free to share them with me. :-)

Blessings to you, and again, welcome!
        Melanie Siewert, Christ's Servant
        BLOG: http://www.worshipvanguard.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
        X