"Hello" from Al Gustin in Ruther Glen, VA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hello" from Al Gustin in Ruther Glen, VA

Hi there, fellow worshipers! This is very cool. I've been looking for a community like this. My family and I have recently moved to Virginia from Arizona, where I was staff worship minister for two years at Community Alliance Church, in Wickenburg (about 60mi. west of Phoenix).
    I currently lead worship for chapels at a Christian treatment center for eating disordered women and adolescent girls in eastern VA. I have also joined a church plant project in Ladysmith, VA called "The Journey" - a multi-ethnic faith community. I will be staff worship leader, devoted to glorifying Jesus through worship and praise.
    We will try our best to cover multiple genres of praise and worship music, while spanning ethnic and generational boundaries; always focusing on "excellence for the Lord".
    Once established (kick-off will be in March 2009), I hope to share what God is doing through the worship ministry at "The Journey".

- May you include Jesus in everything you do!
    - Your friend in Christ...

- Al Gustin

alangustin.com
    Last edited by alangustin; 12-22-2008, 01:18 AM. Reason: adding link to web site

Welcome to the forum, Al!
    Glad you are here!

Smitty
    Love ONE woman...MANY guitars!

www.davidsproblem.wordpress.com

Comment

Thank you, Smitty! Glad to be here!

Blessings...

Al

Comment

Welcome Al!

Great to have you here. Do indeed keep us posted.
        Associate Director of Worship & Media at St. Simons Community Church .He is also the content curator and editor here at The Worship Community.

Comment

Hi, Russ...

Thanks for welcoming me. I gotta tell you, russhutto.com rocks, dude!
          Great web site! Haven't looked at all of it yet - there's so much there! Did you create it yourself? What web dev platform do you use? I'm trying to learn ASP.NET, and at my age, the cobwebs keep a lot of the training info from making it through to currently-active brain cells. I now need to get on my knees and ask forgiveness for coveting so intently.

Your site will become a source of good info for me, and for use in my ministry. Thank you!

Blessings...

Al

Comment

Al,

Thanks for the encouraging words. I use WordPress. Which in my personal opinion is the easiest to implement and keep updated. The design is just a tweak of an exisisting free theme I found online. Obviously I added some personal touches.

I would suggest going self-hosted for your blog if you haven't done so already. It gives you a whole lot more flexibility than using a site like blogger or even wordpress.com.

There are seemingly millions of plugins that you can take advantage of for the WordPress platform.

Thanks for checking out russhutto.com if you're using a reader like google reader you could add me to your subscription! I'll add you to my blogroll (swap links) if you have a website or blog as well.

Thanks,
            Russ
            Associate Director of Worship & Media at St. Simons Community Church .He is also the content curator and editor here at The Worship Community.

Comment

hanks!

Thanks, Russ. I'll check out WordPress and link back to you once I get a blog page up. In the meantime, please link to my web site at http://www.alangustin.com
              Last edited by alangustin; 12-22-2008, 09:22 AM. Reason: add text

Comment

Al - hey, thanks for jumping right in ... great to have you here!

How did you find TWC?
                Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
                blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
                www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
                www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

Hey, Fred...

I found TWC at the CCLI web site.

Blessings...
                  AG

Comment