Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

FRUSTRATION SETS IN!
    Its Saturday night. 9:00PM and I just found out that I'm the only instrumentalist playing tomorrow. I knew that our pianist and our drummer were gone. They are married and had an out of town appt set up. Our excellent lead guitarist just moved last Monday to take a job in Fairfield Iowa. (spur of the moment move-no warning, just-"guys I gotta do what I gotta do").
    Our acoustic guy just called me and is in MIsssssooouriiiiiii with family and we haven't had a bass player since last May.

that leaves me and my Epiphone playing Every Move I Make and Praise the Lord O My soul with four girls singing! I do have drum machine to use.
    God is using me to lead so I will follow! (alone on guitar apparently)

peace n love!

mike
    I didn't mean to be inaccurate, but I wasn't trying to be precise.

I'll be praying for you today, man. And remember (I know you know this) -- God knew. He has a plan. My prayer will be that in your "weakness" He will sho Himself strong and that this will be a day of breakthrough.

Blessings...

Comment

I read your post last night and thought, "Wow, that's going to be rough." Then I got some news today that four of our singers, one plays the piano, are going to be absent this Sunday. I feel your pain, brother. I guess my situation isn't as tough as yours, but it's still frustrating. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhh.

Comment

Wasn't so bad after alll......................

Originally posted by Stevie Nature View Post
        I read your post last night and thought, "Wow, that's going to be rough." Then I got some news today that four of our singers, one plays the piano, are going to be absent this Sunday. I feel your pain, brother. I guess my situation isn't as tough as yours, but it's still frustrating. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhh.
        Actually, the powerpoint locked up....so the psalm readings didn't get scrolled through.......
        the soundboard didnt get turned up on my guitar (during the soft music behind the community prayers for the people)
        Our backup female vocalist came in way way way to early on the last stanza of Praise the lord o My Soul.
        um, what else went wrong...
        it just seemed like everyone was mellllloowwwwwwww
        see ya!
        mike

Comment

gone with the wind

So when the drummer of our worship team called me to say that he would not be making it this week... I thought of this thread. Thank you "The Worship Community". You are now becoming part of my life's thoughts.

Comment

HAHA - that's great to hear Darryn.

Hey, chipshot - just curious .. what song is that, "Praise the Lord, O My Soul" .. is it the one by Christopher Heidler that we publish at Highest Praise Productions?
            Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
            blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
            www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
            www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

yes it is! Thanks for turning us on to it. We use it quite a bit.
              mike

Comment

Cool, I'm producing an Ableton Live file for that!
                Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
                blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
                www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
                www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

Hey Mike, sorry to hear about your last minute pop quiz. Been there. Maybe you wont get my humor here but, hey, out of curiosity, did anyone leave the church? No? ... just think, you could be in this position every week like me. No drummer, no keys, no lead guitar, no bass... just me and my Taylor and loop station and another female vocalist who can only sing melody. Oh, and we do Every Move I Make too, no drum machine. I'm not complaining. Maybe just helping put things in perspective some.

Your right Gary, God does know. Sometimes I forget that. Then I remember that it's not about how big we do things it's about how big our God is. Oh ya, and about having flexible plans. His plan is always better anyways.

Comment

Glad to know...

...I'm not alone in the "I need instrumentalists dept." I just jokingly forbade our keboardist from ever missing another Sunday. Right now other than me she's the only other instrument.
                    Love the Lord your God with all your heart with your soul with all your mind and with all your strength!!

Comment

Hey Mike, I understand your pain, but immagine if you only played saxophone. Welcome to my biggest fear.

Comment

Working...
                      X