What we are up against today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we are up against today

I'm probably encroaching on an unspoken rule here, but this is a great example of the world we are going to face as Christians trying to evangelize

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-910282?hpt=hp_c3

This is a front page iReport story on CNN.

The title is "Why I Raise My Children Without God"

Reading the article, it's first of all amazing that a piece centered in stereotypes and anti-God rhetoric makes it as front page on CNN.

I have also checked out the CNN belief blog several times. I always find it interesting they tend to post op-ed pieces from 'professor of religion at XYZ university' or a young pastor from a traditionally liberal-leaning denomination (such as Episcopalian) or some other self-proclaimed expert. What is lacking is pieces from established evangels such as Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Mark Barclay, Joyce Meyer, or other established leaders. Like most things in journalism, what they don't say is more important than what they do say (or in this case, allow others to say)...

The 'comments' section is always a cesspool of ignorant religion haters- interestingly enough, if we used a third of the vulgarities and diatribes posted in any other section, we'd get banned for hate speech.

I just thought this article was particularly interesting. This woman states her worldview as agnostic-free-thinking-humanist.

Reading thee article, you will see the recycled "free thinking" atheist rhetoric about how it's completely illogical to believe in a fairy tale like God, and the rationale to *not* believe in God is because of the incognizant argument that if there was a God, He would control everyone and fix all the bad things and the world would be a happily-ever-after fairy tale...

This is a great insight into the worldview we are up against. The new-age humanism worldview is ingrained into our culture everywhere from entertainment to education (especially higher learning) and it's spreading like wildfire. This is going to be one of the top challenges of the 21st century. We can no longer afford to sit comfortably inside our church walls and watch while the freedoms we take for granted slip away. We need to get back to grassroots evangelism- getting involved in community organizations, helping people succeed, working across denominations to restore people, and letting our actions preach the Gospel.
    If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

A friend of mine, the vice president of Liberty University, had a piece published on the CNN blog last week.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...41018144,d.dmQ
    Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

Comment

I liked that piece. Mr. Moore hit on a lot of great things. I'm glad he got his piece on there.
      If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

Working...
      X