Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you Twittering?

Hey Everybody -

Not that everyone needs yet another thing to keep up with, but I've revived my Twitter account this week. Twitter is a site that allows you to "update what you are doing" so that friends who follow your "tweets" can be all up in your business. For example, if I update my "status", and you are a "follower", you can get an IM, a text message, or no notification at all. I've been noticing Twitter mentioned over at ProBlogger this week as well.

It's been fun to receive other's updates - Alex @ BetterThanBlank put me onto this cool app for the Mac called Twitteriffic that works very well.

Twittering doesn't just have to be about your "status" ... yesterday, for example, I updated my status to say "working on songlist for Sunday - any suggestions". Well, I have my Twitter account setup so that when I "tweet", it updates on Twitter, notifies anyone who is "following me" (according to their notification preferences) and it also updates the "status" on my FaceBook profile. Well, a few minutes later, I had a FaceBook message from a friend in our church who noticed my profile status change on FaceBook and she sent a couple of her favorite songs as suggestions for Sunday's worship.

How cool is that!?

So, check it out ... my ID is "fmckinnon" if you'd like to follow me ...

Fred
    Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
    blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
    www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
    www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic
Working...
X