I need a good free power point?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a good free power point?

I am trying to put worship lyrics on our tv for home church. Is there a good ,yet free, program for this?
    Thanks for any help here.

Powerpoint does offer Powerpoint Viewer for free. It assumes you already created the PPT pages elsewhere, and is used for other devices (laptop PC, etc), where you just want to display the presentation. Works well for me; you can still type in the # and press enter, and it will go straight to that slide.
    Nick Alexander
    Host, The Prayer Meeting Podcast
    Worship that is Contemporary, Traditional, Charismatic, Contemplative, Spontaneous, based on the Church calendar, play it whenever you want.
    Find out what Nick Alexander can do for your conference, retreat or workshop.

Comment

If you're looking for a literal PowerPoint replacement, Open Office Impress can create and edit those files. For a more worship/church specific presentation software (similar to ProPresenter, etc.), I can highly recommend openLP. We've used it at church for a number of years and love it. Both of those programs are free, cross-platform, and fairly easy to get started with.
      Eric Frisch
      www.ericfrisch.com

Comment

I agree with Eric. Open LP (opensource version of Easy Worship) is free and works great. I've used it before and fr the price (free!) is just wonderful. All you need is your CCLI to remain compliant (even at home I'd say...) Give it a try, it's FREE http://openlp.org/ :-)

Worship well,

Mark
        Mark
        Mark A. Levigne
        Medina, Ohio

Comment

Opensong is a free open source program for projecting lyrics. It is very basic and extremely easy to use.

www.opensong.org/‎

Comment

Thanks Tom.

I forgot about OpenSong. Nice to know that one still doesn't have to spend a load of money to get a nice, professional looking product/production. I glanced over the specs but it doesn't appear that OpenSong allows/integrates video, does it? No matter, easily overcome of course.

Thanks all, Merry CHRISTmas.
            Mark
            Mark A. Levigne
            Medina, Ohio

Comment

Thanks Tom.

I forgot about OpenSong. Nice to know that one still doesn't have to spend a load of money to get a nice, professional looking product/production. I glanced over the specs but it doesn't appear that OpenSong allows/integrates video, does it? No matter, easily overcome of course.

Thanks all, Merry CHRISTmas.
              Mark
              Mark A. Levigne
              Medina, Ohio

Comment

Just to add a couple of relatively new, free alternatives:

FreeWorship
                http://www.freeworship.org.uk/

Quelea
                http://quelea.org/

I also highly recommend OpenLP, but I've found both of these projects to be very good too. Each one is set up ever so slightly differently, which made a difference for me, but it may not be important to you.

I'll note that if video backgrounds are important to you, FreeWorship has done the best job in that area in terms of the free projection programs.

Comment

Thanks, Mike

Two more great options for low/lower budget operations. Much appreciated! I love FreeWorship's comments on 'better places to spend church's money'. That's great.

Merry CHRISTmas,
                  Mark
                  Mark A. Levigne
                  Medina, Ohio

Comment

I played with FreeWorship a while back. It was very intuitive and easy to use, but didn't seem to have any integration for PowerPoint files. If I was starting from scratch somewhere, or traveling and only running songs, I'd be tempted to go PowerPoint free and use this. Unfortunately, in our situation (and many other churches), being able to use.ppt files is pretty critical. Too bad, because I was really impressed by the software.
                    Eric Frisch
                    www.ericfrisch.com

Comment

Working...
                    X