Isolating camera mounted to wall - PTZOptics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isolating camera mounted to wall - PTZOptics

I have a standard metal bracket to mount a PTZ camera on the wall. The problem is that there is a very slight vibration that you cannot even feel on the wall, but it translates into the video, especially when zoomed in.

I was wondering if there is any good material and method to help isolate/filter out this vibration. I do not think we really need a super expensive isolation mount. But, if there is some material that people have used that might work to help dampen out this vibration.

Thanks!

Rod

Low end vibration is very hard to deal with, they are huge sound waves. Heavier equipment isn't as susceptible. You could try something like these auralex monitor isolation foams (https://www.guitarcenter.com/Auralex...iABEgKYjvD_BwE). However, these are designed to keep your speakers/amps (a vibration source) from emitting as much. Not sure how it'll work in the reverse. The reason isolation mounts are expensive is because while it is a simple concept, it is not a simple solution to do it well.
    Travis Paulding,
    Production & Technology Director, St. Simons Community Church
    www.sscommunitychurch.com
    twitter.com/tpaulding

Comment

I actually did not even think about audio. I didnt even get that far. I got the vibes before there was anyone in the room. Since the room is now empty, I put the camera on a tripd, and its good. However, hopefully we will soon have people in the building again. Then I cant have a $2000 camera in the middle of a room to be tripped over. I ordered these, since they were cheap. It is quite an engineering issue. Vibration frequency and magnitude matters much. Dampening materials being effective must be the right resilience to work.

Thx.

Comment

Working...
      X