New Worship Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Worship Software

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reviewing a new software our company has developed. Our company has close ties with a local Christian church in England. There arose a need to have a worship package that allowed band members to have easy access to lyrics, chords and worship set AND allow them to be in sync with their material. Thus began the birth of the idea of Worship, Inc!

You can download the Worship, Inc software using the link below. Please feel free to email me (brice42@gmail.com) with questions or comments. I would love to hear your input on this new emerging software. Thank you for your time.

http://www.worshipinc.com
    http://www.facebook.com/worshipinc

How is this different?

Originally posted by Brice42 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reviewing a new software our company has developed. Our company has close ties with a local Christian church in England. There arose a need to have a worship package that allowed band members to have easy access to lyrics, chords and worship set AND allow them to be in sync with their material. Thus began the birth of the idea of Worship, Inc!

You can download the Worship, Inc software using the link below. Please feel free to email me (brice42@gmail.com) with questions or comments. I would love to hear your input on this new emerging software. Thank you for your time.

http://www.worshipinc.com
    http://www.facebook.com/worshipinc

How is this different from solutions that are already available that do this, such as PlanningCenterOnline.com?

Comment

Just a couple of thoughts... the features look nice, kind of a combination of OnSong and PlanningCenter. Or maybe PCO with MusicStand.

You started on he wrong platform, I think. You'd probably have to look far an wide to find a worship leader using a tablet PC. Without a viable mobile app, you might have a hard time getting traction, and most of these guys use Apple products.

It's a pretty big jump from 5 members at $89 to 25 members at $499. You're going to pretty much cut out smaller churches. You can have 10 people on PCO for free. If I have 8-9 people, or even 15, I'm not looking at this product.

Comment

Just a couple of thoughts... the features look nice, kind of a combination of OnSong and PlanningCenter. Or maybe PCO with MusicStand.

You started on he wrong platform, I think. You'd probably have to look far an wide to find a worship leader using a tablet PC. Without a viable mobile app, you might have a hard time getting traction, and most of these guys use Apple products.

It's a pretty big jump from 5 members at $89 to 25 members at $499. You're going to pretty much cut out smaller churches. You can have 10 people on PCO for free. If I have 8-9 people, or even 15, I'm not looking at this product.

Comment

I couldn't agree more with mikeymo1741's post.

I have been a Planning Center Online user for years and years. It offers a pretty competitive free solution with centralized / transposable chord charts, direct integration with CCLI's database and chord charts, etc.

Not being an owner of any Apple products, I'd also agree with the platform comment. I've noticed most people using iPads, etc... I was actually surprised when I visited the site and saw that it WASN'T only available on iOS at the moment, which is usually the case. I was further surprised about this as the tablet graphic on the main screen looks very much like an iPad ;-)

I'm not meaning any of this as a discouragement, I'm merely pointing out some of the things you might want to think about the business plan/model for your service compared to what else is out there.

Also, is your service approved from a legal / copyright perspective to have lyrics, mp3's, etc. loaded in to people's libraries? I know some of these services have hit that roadblock several times.

Comment

pian0dude & mikeymo1741,

Thank you for your input! I've heard of Planning Center in the past, but haven't taken time to review their new additions of Music Stand and Projector. You are right that some of the concepts are very similar. One of the main distinctions is that Worship, Inc doesn't utilize PDFs for lyrics/chords. When a change is made to a song, either via lyric change or key, the changes are instant across the other users in Worship, Inc. There's no exporting, uploading, and re-importing PDFs. It's all instant across the network. Another difference is that Worship, Inc uses a local area network for media updates (lyrics, chords, video, etc.) rather than being web dependent. Each has it's advantages/disadvantages. The cloud solution is really nice, but you're limited to the storage that Planning Center allots.

Regarding the platform, you are 100% right about not including the iPad in our OS lineup. An iPad client to interact with Worship, Inc is nearly complete and should be available very soon. I'll make another post as soon as it's available to try out.

Lastly, regarding the pricing, churches could purchase blocks of the lower priced licenses to get the right amount. For example a church of 10 users could purchase 2 x 5 member licences for a total price of $179.98. So you only need to purchase the licenses that you actually need. Another distinction regarding pricing is that Worship, Inc is a one time licensing fee, not a monthly reoccurring cost.

Once again, thanks again for your input! I'm going to investigate more on the CCLI and song import integration that you mentioned. Let me know if you have any more questions. Have a great day!

Brice

Comment

Originally posted by Brice42 View Post
              pian0dude & mikeymo1741,

Thank you for your input! I've heard of Planning Center in the past, but haven't taken time to review their new additions of Music Stand and Projector. You are right that some of the concepts are very similar. One of the main distinctions is that Worship, Inc doesn't utilize PDFs for lyrics/chords. When a change is made to a song, either via lyric change or key, the changes are instant across the other users in Worship, Inc. There's no exporting, uploading, and re-importing PDFs. It's all instant across the network. Another difference is that Worship, Inc uses a local area network for media updates (lyrics, chords, video, etc.) rather than being web dependent. Each has it's advantages/disadvantages. The cloud solution is really nice, but you're limited to the storage that Planning Center allots.

Regarding the platform, you are 100% right about not including the iPad in our OS lineup. An iPad client to interact with Worship, Inc is nearly complete and should be available very soon. I'll make another post as soon as it's available to try out.

Lastly, regarding the pricing, churches could purchase blocks of the lower priced licenses to get the right amount. For example a church of 10 users could purchase 2 x 5 member licences for a total price of $179.98. So you only need to purchase the licenses that you actually need. Another distinction regarding pricing is that Worship, Inc is a one time licensing fee, not a monthly reoccurring cost.

Once again, thanks again for your input! I'm going to investigate more on the CCLI and song import integration that you mentioned. Let me know if you have any more questions. Have a great day!

Brice
              Brice,

Is your service approved from a legal / copyright perspective to have lyrics, mp3's, etc. loaded in to people's libraries? I know some of these services have hit that roadblock several times.

Also regarding the local area network aspect of things... so is this assuming that the band members would only be utilizing this while in their rehearsal space or church on that particular local area network? I'd say on my team, there might be 1 out of 15 people who actually have a tablet and it isn't a PC based tablet.

One of the reasons cloud solutions are attractive and usually successful is because it is universal across just about any platform and accessible from anywhere with a network.

For example, on Planning Center, when I make a modification on a chord chart in the text editor interface, that change is automatically updated in my associated PDF file that is attached to plans that my team accesses.

Comment

Originally posted by pian0dude View Post
                Brice,

Is your service approved from a legal / copyright perspective to have lyrics, mp3's, etc. loaded in to people's libraries? I know some of these services have hit that roadblock several times.

Also regarding the local area network aspect of things... so is this assuming that the band members would only be utilizing this while in their rehearsal space or church on that particular local area network? I'd say on my team, there might be 1 out of 15 people who actually have a tablet and it isn't a PC based tablet.

One of the reasons cloud solutions are attractive and usually successful is because it is universal across just about any platform and accessible from anywhere with a network.

For example, on Planning Center, when I make a modification on a chord chart in the text editor interface, that change is automatically updated in my associated PDF file that is attached to plans that my team accesses.
                I'm looking into the copyright portion and will get back with you shortly. You also have a great point about making changes away from the rehearsal space.

Brice

Comment

With the multiple license thing (2x5, for example) will everyone be able to log onto the same collection of songs, even if they have different licenses?

Comment

Hey Gang, once the app is developed more, would love for some of you TWC vets to do a thorough review for the homepage articles - cool?
                    Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
                    blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
                    www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
                    www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymo1741 View Post
                      With the multiple license thing (2x5, for example) will everyone be able to log onto the same collection of songs, even if they have different licenses?
                      Yes, everyone would be able to access the same database of songs when purchasing licenses this way.

Comment

I do agree that a lot of people are using iPads and Macbooks these days. Perhaps in the UK we are a bit behind the times as there are still quite a lot of people that still have Windows laptops - Worship, Inc runs great on even quite low spec laptops.

When the lower cost Windows RT tablets (using the ARM processor) come out later this year that will provide a good platform for the software. One of my complaints with the iPad (being a slightly older worship leader ) is that it's just a bit too small. Apple don't have plans at this stage to do anything bigger that the 9 inch device. There are quite a few 11 and 12 inch devices available for Windows - just a thought...

The iPad version is close now so hopefully we'll have the best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by pian0dude View Post
                          Brice,

Hi, I'm involved in the development of Worship, Inc in the UK. Our understanding of the copyright situation is that people can store there own versions of lyrics, tab and chords on their own devices quite legally. If you want to project, or perform the song in public you need a CCL license.

If you want to import the official chord sheets (say from SongSelect) then obviously you would need a SongSelect license and account. We are currently working on including that interface into Worship, Inc

We don't distribute Worship, Inc with any material that requires permission

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                          X