!-- Beacon Ads Ad Code -->

Sponsor Ad:

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for good presentation software...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for good presentation software...

I'd love to dialog with some of you about visual worship- We use EasyWorship- not a big fan, but not sure what else to use. Need something simple for volunteers to run- but with great capabilities. (and with the promise that it will NEVER LOCK UP DURING A WORSHIP SERVICE AGAIN)

Anyone use Pro-presenter? (I think that's it... it's a Mac program). We use PC's but if it'd work- I'd be willing to invest in a Mac for the computer in the Sanctuary...

Check out Open Song. It's simple, it works and, best of all, it's free! We've been using it for about 6 months and never had it lock up. One feature that it doesn't have is the ability to use background motions. That would probably be the only thing on my 'wish' list. It does use still image backgrounds; allow you to compile songs in 'sets;' Print out all lyrics (along with chords) for a set; change backgrounds for each song; dual screen presentation mode (in other words, the computer operator has a separate screen from the congregation); enables you to replace, delete or insert songs in real time; built-in Bible (NIV and KJV) so you can display scripture on the screen; etc., etc., etc. It is really pretty feature rich. Oh... and I'm not on their payroll!

Comment

Originally posted by Wendy Minshall View Post
      I'd love to dialog with some of you about visual worship- We use EasyWorship- not a big fan, but not sure what else to use. Need something simple for volunteers to run- but with great capabilities. (and with the promise that it will NEVER LOCK UP DURING A WORSHIP SERVICE AGAIN)
      We've been using Easy Worship for over 2 years now and love it! Unless your computer is pretty old, it shouldn't be locking up.

They have a good forum on their website at easyworship.com that the developers respond to.

A new version is coming out in September that has a lot of good updates.

Tim Gibson
      Tech Director
      EV Free, Crystal Lake, IL
      Tim Gibson
      Director of Technical Ministries
      Evangelical Free Church of Crystal Lake, IL

Comment

ProPresenter here

We recently made the switch at our church and am I glad we did. We invested in a refurbished 24" iMac (1199$) ProPresenter (399$) and iWork (79$). Our presentations have improved dramatically by investing in this equipment. ProPresenter meshed seamlessly with iWork and Garageband has made quick work of Pastors sermons, recording them as Podcasts ready for distribution.

Comment

+1 on Opensong. I've been using it since it came out of Beta, and have never had an issue with it. We don't (or wouldn't) use moving backgrounds anyway, so that's never been an issue, although it is in the works.

Being open-source, there are always features being added. For example, I have a version that packs on a usb thumbdrive and runs on any computer without installing.

Besides songs, we use it for annoucment loops, sermon notes, and projecting scripture verses on-the-fly. I can have a verse on the screen faster than most people can "turn your bibles to..."

Oh, did I mention it's free?

Comment

Another great free, open source program is openlp - personally, I find it to be a little bit more user friendly than opensong (the main interface very much resembles Meida Shout). We've been using it for almost a year now with great success (although it has a few Vista issues, at least from our perspective). Definitely worth checking out.
            Eric Frisch
            www.ericfrisch.com

Comment

We use ProPresenter, but curious why you don't like EW ... we used it at my previous church, and it always worked great!
              Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
              blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
              www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
              www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

+ another vote for EasyWorship - I've used MediaShout and really don't like it (far too complicated and seems flaky in places), but EW has never crashed on me in 5 years of using it. It's not the most bells-and-whistles of programs, but it effortlessly gets words, powerpoints and almost everything else up on the screen, with a very simple user interface

Comment

ProPresenter gets my vote.

Used MediaShout before and hated it.

Our presentation team is all volunteer and the majority of them are young high school and college students.
                  Associate Director of Worship & Media at St. Simons Community Church .He is also the content curator and editor here at The Worship Community.

Comment

What I Use...

Hi,

In response to your question / post, I work on a MacBook Pro and use Live Worship. I have in the past used several presentation software packages for PCs. I have had problems with the locking up, etc. - MediaShout, Sunday Plus.
                    I have tried the Open Song / LP - open source presentation software. The only thing on the open source software was the ability to use video. For the Mac I have tested Pro Presenter, but found Live Worship for me to be really easy. All my songs can be imported from CCLI, and I have made my database so working on setting up my song list and media takes very little time allowing me to concentrate on creating appropriate images and video backgrounds that may be needed for a given service.

Cathy

Comment

Working...
                    X