Your preferences, please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your preferences, please...

Does anyone have an opinion as to which is better - EasyWorship or MediaShout? We need to buy one for our church.

Also...

You may also wish to check out SongShowPlus.

Comment

Mac or PC? I'm assuming a PC ... I never used MediaShout, but I did once use EasyWorship ... and I found it to be ... well, EASY.

This was several years ago - but there seemed to be a feeling at that time among many people that EasyWorship was much easier to learn and operate.

MediaShout has since had a few upgrades and made a Mac version, so I'm not sure how that is going now.

For us, we use ProPresenter, but that's a Mac-only platform.
      Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
      blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
      www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
      www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

Don't hate me because I use a PC...

Comment

Used MediaShout many years ago. 2.5 I think. It ws ok. 3 came out and it basically killed our computer. So we went back to 2.5.

Not sure what version they're on (we're mac users)...but our experience back in the day wasn't terrible, but wasn't great either, compared to ProPresenter these days (which is phenomenal).
          Associate Director of Worship & Media at St. Simons Community Church .He is also the content curator and editor here at The Worship Community.

Comment

Originally posted by skyescraper View Post
            Don't hate me because I use a PC...
            Since I've been saved, and since Christ tells us not to hate, and to forgive others so we can be forgiven ... I'd say you'll be OK.
            Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
            blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
            www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
            www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

Whew

Thanks, Fred...

Comment

I don't think you can say one is "better" than another. I'm a reseller for both because each is better for different churches.

MediaShout will do more stuff and gives you more flexibility, but just having these extra functions adds complexity to the process, and therefore a slightly longer learning curve.

EasyWorship seems to be more intuitive for a number of less tech-savvy churches. For churches that have volunteers that use powerpoint and other applications fairly regularly, MediaShout is usually the better choice.

In addition, EasyWorship gives a site-license for free but charges for all copyrighted Bibles ($29 each.) While MediaShout allows you to install the software on three computers (extra licenses are $200 for two computers); but it includes 54 translations of the Bible for free.

I would recommend getting the free trials of both and trying them out for 30 days. If you send me a private message, I can send you trial discs.

Bob Felton
                bob@ministry-tech.net
                Last edited by ministry-tech; 06-07-2009, 09:21 PM. Reason: missing stuff

Comment

Sky:
                  I have used both, but use Mediashout now. There IS a learning curve, but its a good system. It will grow with you.

Smitty
                  Love ONE woman...MANY guitars!

www.davidsproblem.wordpress.com

Comment

Easy Worship- all the way.

Comment

I have 6th graders that run Easy Worship for our contemporary service. I was able to train them to get through the service in about 5 minutes. I know you can do more with media shout, but I've never tried to learn it.

Comment

Working...
                      X