X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kylek5565
    started a topic Stems, chord charts, pedal boards

Stems, chord charts, pedal boards

Hey everyone, so, I searched through to make sure I am not recreated a thread and there was one thread (and video) that hit on my topic but it was pretty old and technologies change like the wind so please forgive me if the answer is here and I'm not finding it.

So, I am looking for a program that allows me to have my chord charts up for the song, while playing stems to this song as well. Something that can be controlled by a midi pedal board and easily adjusted. Right now I have an ipad that I play stems through in the loop community prime app. That is also the tablet I use for my sheet music so let's say my first song using a stem through the ipad. I have to pull up the prime app and play the stem and use papers for the chord charts. Then after that song , we have announcements so i move the music stand and put the tablet back into my hercules mount on my mic stand. As you can see, I do not have a good system. I have seen worship song band but it is looking to me like it is not being updated, or kept up with the times. I can be installed in windows 7, I have windows 10, and the song choices weren't being updated. I have also heard of OnSong but I haven't been able to speak with anyone who uses it.

I would want it to have the chords up on screen while the stem was playing and I could change through the stuff with a midi foot pedal. The stuff meaning: changing songs, changing through the parts of the song, such as: from bridge back to verse one. So if anyone has any advice on what would be the best for my particular situation, I would greatly appreciate it. and I apologize if this has been answered before.

Thanks!
    ​Kyle

• MarkSnyder
    replied
    Originally posted by Kylek5565 View Post
    <snip>HI have seen worship song band but it is looking to me like it is not being updated, or kept up with the times. I can be installed in windows 7, I have windows 10, and the song choices weren't being updated..

​Kyle
    Hey Kyle.

Worshipsong Band is updated frequently, at least once a month. It runs fine on Windows 10, as well as the other platforms we support. We update the IOS and Android App on a slower frequency because of the effort of publishing to the app store, but Windows, and Mac, get frequent updates.

The song choices for WSB are really up to you - it is an open file format. You add a text file in with your stems, and this describes everything about them to the application - including the full chord chart, if you add it. If you add your chords in with your stems, it will do exactly what you are thinking it should. We do have importers and existing song catalogs available with several partners, just look at the Worshipsong site.

As far as being 'up with the times', if you decide its worth the effort to try everything Worshipsong Band can do, I think you will find nothing comes close to its full feature set. At least nothing I am aware of, but I could be missing something

Leave a comment:

• mikegraff
    replied
    Question - does your church use ProPresenter? If you do, do you use Stage Display? You can easily have a chord chart embedded onto your stage display. You wouldn't be able to do it on the same device as the one you're running PRIME on, of course, but just thinking outside the box a bit.

Leave a comment:

• wadelodge
    replied
    Hi Kyle,

Have you checked out this free app? http://www.worshipsong.com/band

Blessings,

Wade

Leave a comment:

Working...
X