!-- Beacon Ads Ad Code -->

Sponsor Ad:

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Click Track

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Click Track

    Looking for a click track machine or software that allows me to save a database of songs that can be accessed live during worship. Any suggestions?

  • #2
    That seems overly complicated/restrictive. Machines I've seen have a tap in option and a BPM entry. I would think you could just tap everything in exactly as you wanted it when you wanted it, and for the odd song you always have trouble starting correctly, write down the bpm you want, at the top of your lead sheet and set it to that.

    A database and trying to remember if you filed this song under Amazing Love or You Are My King, also having no ability to read the room and play the song a little faster/slower than normal to fit the energy, is lost. K.I.S.S.
    I need pictures of your drummer in his booth/cage/room http://drummersbehindglass.com

    Comment


    • #3
      There are a number of programmable metronomes that let you save song settings... Boss DB-90 has 50 slots and the Tama Rhythm watch has 20. My favorite is still the Yamaha Clickstation, but unfortunately it's out of production, so tracking it down may be tough.

      Lately, I've been using a free software metronome called Weird Metronome. It let's you customize beat patterns and sounds as well as tempos, and then save those presets for recall later. I open that program alongside the software that I use to play back our tracks with loops and I'm all set!
      Eric Frisch
      www.ericfrisch.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Library of BPM metronome setup as playlist

        The loop/click site mymusicwriter.com has click tracks you can setup in a standard iTunes playlist for cheap. For $10 you get 130 MP3 click tracks that run 10 minutes each from 50-160 BPM. Just setup the tempos in the order you want in a playlist, and away you go. Hope this helps.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ableton Live for Click Tracks

          Hey Chris,
          I'd suggest you check out Ableton Live Ableton - Ableton Live Home. I'm a bit of an Ableton Fanatic, but it's incredibly easy to setup a full set ( or a Master Set/Datatbase) worth of clicks/loops and easily access them during a service. Here's a video we made to show how easy it is to create Click Tracks in Live: YouTube - Creating Click Tracks in Ableton Live . It's super stable and runs on either Mac or PC. Hope this helps!

          Will Doggett
          will@loopsinworship.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bryanknelson View Post
            The loop/click site mymusicwriter.com has click tracks you can setup in a standard iTunes playlist for cheap. For $10 you get 130 MP3 click tracks that run 10 minutes each from 50-160 BPM. Just setup the tempos in the order you want in a playlist, and away you go. Hope this helps.
            I like the easy access to many songs! Are the cues an option?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by loopsinworship View Post
              Hey Chris,
              I'd suggest you check out Ableton Live Ableton - Ableton Live Home. I'm a bit of an Ableton Fanatic, but it's incredibly easy to setup a full set ( or a Master Set/Datatbase) worth of clicks/loops and easily access them during a service. Here's a video we made to show how easy it is to create Click Tracks in Live: YouTube - Creating Click Tracks in Ableton Live . It's super stable and runs on either Mac or PC. Hope this helps!

              Will Doggett
              will@loopsinworship.com
              Great video! So would I be able to save x amount of sessions and always have the ability to recall? Would I be able to create my playlist from previous saved sessions? Thanks for your post!

              Comment


              • #8
                Master Set in Live

                Originally posted by cmorgan8 View Post
                Great video! So would I be able to save x amount of sessions and always have the ability to recall? Would I be able to create my playlist from previous saved sessions? Thanks for your post!
                Hey Chris,
                Yes you can save a session for each set-list you have and then add that content to a current set-list, or you can work on building a Master Set (mentioned in this article here: Creating a Master Set list in Live ).

                When using a Master Set you can store all your songs/clicks-even variations of songs (i.e. in different keys, or Holy is the Lord normal vs. for Invitation, etc.) in one set. Then for that Sunday you can quickly scroll through the set and make MIDI or Key Assignments (Assigning Scenes/Songs to Keys on a Computer Keyboard.. knobs/keys on a midi keyboard).

                This way you can quickly see all the songs in your set, and if for some reason you need to change it up you can get to whatever song you need quickly. I've found this to be the best solution, as it save so much time, and gives you the ultimate flexibility!

                Comment

                Working...
                X