Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Loops

Hey All,

I search for the answer to my question, but couldn't find it. Basically, we used to use loops, but haven't for a few years. We're wanting to get back into it but cannot remember/figure out how to send the split track (loop/click) from the laptop to the sound board correctly. We had a poor man's version set up previously (meaning, we don't have an audio interface or distribution amp), but cannot recall how to do it again.

The tracks we're using are split (loop on right, click on left), but we're not able to get them from the laptop to the board split for some reason. Basically, my questions is, how do you run your split tracks from your computer to your soundboard?

Thanks!
    Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

When I'm not using my interface, I just dump the tracks in to iTunes and use a 1/8"-to-1/4" splitter out of the line out on my laptop. Run the 1/4" ends into two separate DI's, turn OFF the "sound enhancer" in your iTunes preferences, and you're good to go (the sound enhancer allows some bleed between the right and left channels). If you're using a DAW or something to run your tracks, you may have to check your channel routing to make sure everything is truly split out the way you want it so you're not leaking click to the house. That's all I got. Hope it helps!

bdavis

Comment

Same here... we use a stereo 1/8" to 2 mono 1/4" y cable and then run each to a separate channel on the board.
      Eric Frisch
      www.ericfrisch.com

Comment

that's exactly what we're doing, but I'm getting only the loop in each channel...I should be getting loop in one channel and click in the other.

Nate
        Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

Comment

Originally posted by milepost13 View Post
          that's exactly what we're doing, but I'm getting only the loop in each channel...I should be getting loop in one channel and click in the other.

Nate
          What are you using for your playback? Any funny settings with the software?

If it's a laptop (I think you said it was), and you unplug your cable, can you hear both the click and the loop through the internal speakers?
          Eric Frisch
          www.ericfrisch.com

Comment

It's definitely a cable problem. Both my external speakers and earbuds direct from the computer are split perfectly.

Nate
            Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

Comment

Are you absolutely sure about your source; that there is no bleed between tracks? Have you listened to it with headphones to be sure?

Make sure of your splitter as well, that there is no bleed there.

Your saying you can't get the click no matter what?

Comment

There is no bleeding from the source. I'm going to try a few different cables and see if I can find something that works.

Nate
                Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

Comment

Hey Nate,

Did you have any luck getting your loops up and running?
                  Eric Frisch
                  www.ericfrisch.com

Comment

I did get it figured out. I ended up using (out of the laptop) a 1/8 split to two RCA's...for whatever reason, that works. Thanks for the help!

Nate
                    Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

Comment

I don't change my loops on the fly, so when I get the song finished, I dump it to my iPod and run that from stage. I just use a 1/8" stereo to 1/4" dual mono into 2 DI boxes. Works like a charm.

Nathan

Comment

Working...
                      X