Resource for Free Loops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resource for Free Loops

Whew--I've finally gotten to a point where I can show off my project I've been working on since Thanksgiving!

Since I started using loops in worship long ago, I'd wanted to find a resource that had a bunch of free loops to download and tweak, but didn't like the GUI of SL or any of the other popular sites.

I also wanted to know what the loop was like BEFORE I downloaded it--like how closely it follows the original song and how easy it is to play along with.

But there wasn't anything FREE that could do that. The closest thing was this forum, but the modus operandi around here is to send an email every time someone requests a loop! Ouch!

Anyway, I've begun work on a site called Looping Worship - Resources for Using Loops in Worship, and hopefully it takes care of some of these problems--each loop is reviewed and linked on a main Loops page, and a blog subscription is available to keep up to date with new loops and posts.

Also, it's a resource for getting started and has some good articles written on equipment and other tips and tricks.

Hopefully it can grow into what I'm envisioning, and I welcome any feedback you might have! Just let me know if you'd to see something up there or if you have any questions!

God bless, and thanks for a GREAT forum!

Very cool of you!

Nate
    Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

Comment

Congrats!

Nick,
      Congratulations on getting the site up and running! I know many worship leaders and churches will benefit greatly from your hard work and effort. Keep up the good work!

Comment

I haven't grasped the concept of loops yet, I'll check out the site just to see what you're talking about.
        I need pictures of your drummer in his booth/cage/room http://drummersbehindglass.com

Comment

This is awesomesauce! Thanks for the hard work, I'll definitely be checking this out. I've wanted to get in to Reason but I open it up and I find I'm just staring at the screen with no idea where to start. This will be a great resource!

Comment

Where are the actual loop files?

I see a lot of blog posts about loops, but are all the loops themselves actually at sacredloops.org? The site says there is a "huge database" of free loops, but I can't find any.
            Can you help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by lindsayward View Post
              I see a lot of blog posts about loops, but are all the loops themselves actually at sacredloops.org? The site says there is a "huge database" of free loops, but I can't find any.
              Can you help me out?
              The sacredloops database is mostly Reason files. To access them, you need to go to the site and then click on the "content" tab... from there you can work through the menus and find different files (most of which are in the Reason folder).

Hope that helps!
              Eric Frisch
              www.ericfrisch.com

Comment

I can see the files on sacredloops.org, but my question is whether there are actually any loops in the "huge database of loops" on the advertised site, loopingworship.com... are there? If so, where?

Comment

Originally posted by lindsayward View Post
                  I can see the files on sacredloops.org, but my question is whether there are actually any loops in the "huge database of loops" on the advertised site, loopingworship.com... are there? If so, where?
                  Looks like there are a lot of loops in the "loops" tab... unless I'm missing something. I know I've gotten a couple from that site in the past.
                  Eric Frisch
                  www.ericfrisch.com

Comment

OK... I don't think I saw that page before, and I am fairly sure I clicked on "Loops" in the top section and just got a page with options for requesting and submitting - something may not have been working on the site at the time.

Still, the actual loops are not exactly "front and centre", and the main bold (song) link is to iTunes, with the most important links (the loops) in brackets after the name. The loops on sacredloops.org aren't linked to directly...
                    It would be good to highlight the actual loops more clearly, and also a filter for file type would be great. E.g. if you only wanted Ableton or Reason loops, a listing of just those would be helpful.
                    Just my 2c.

Comment

The LoopingWorship.com site DOES have loops available, though it DOES NOT host them--we merely link to existing sites.

In the case of the SacredLoops.org loops, it was brought to my attention that the owner of that site did NOT want LW.com to link directly to "their" loops.

Consequently, the system you'll find now is simply a reference to the SL.org site, and you'll need to browse their database to actually find the loops.

If, however, you wish to have us host and link your loops for you, you can simply upload the loop from the Loops tab.

Hope this helps explain everything!
                      Nick

Comment

Hey everyone,

I just came across this thread and wanted to introduce myself and my company. My name's Mike and I'm one of the founders of LoopCommunity. (http://loopcommunity.com)

We've got a significant library of loops already, and we're adding ~5 tracks per week at this point. If you're a loop user, you can get mp3s, Reason files, or Ableton files for just about every loop we have. (Many of the Ableton tracks aren't on the site just yet, but just ask via a support e-mail and we can get it to you.)

We give away a free track every month along with beat-packs and content for loop creators! I'll be posting a coupon code just for TWC members in the Special Offers forum shortly. Come check it out, let me know if you've got a question I can answer!

Comment

+1 for LoopCommunity

I use them all the time for loops!

One piece of advice: generally free does not equal quality. Occasionally, you can find a free loop, but as a general rule, $10 is worth it- after all, you can re use it every time you repeat that song!

Comment

Working...
                          X