Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ableton - Click Tracks

Hey Gang,
    What's the easiest way to "record" the Ableton Click track - so you can have an actual audio file of the click track (I am recording now using the built-in metronome thingie that beeps) ... is it possible to somehow bus that output over to a track?

Ableton gurus - please do share!
    Fred
    Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
    blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
    www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
    www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

I think the easiest way is to just create an audio track, pick a tone or rimshot and just pencil in the midi notes for a measure. Cut and paste it out.

Comment

Kyle,
      Do you mean create a MIDI track - when I click a new Audio Track, and then try to use one of the kits in Impulse, it makes a new Midi track

Comment

Sorry, yeah midi track.

Comment

Click track

I wondered the same thing, so I built an Impulse kit that uses the Ableton metronome sounds. I just "play" a measure of 3/4 or 4/4 and then just loop it out the length of the song in a track named "CLICK". Then I route that track out separately on my firebox for the band's ears.

I can try to send it to you if you want. I am not sure how to create an ALP yet, so I may just send it to you as a one track Live set and you can cut and paste it into your own stuff.

K.

Comment

Hey,
            Great idea - I did what Kyle mentioned above - I clicked in a Quarter note (tambourine) on 1 - 2- 3 - 4 ... and that's just looping non-stop .. I guess that's OK for now, but it's not a true audio track, and it loops as long as the song plays - so I guess that isn't ideal?

Kyle - were you thinking I should copy/paste it throughout the length of the song?

Comment

If you want it to be audio, you can render just that track out, and then bring it back onto an audio track. Or you can right-click on the track and click Freeze and it will temporarily convert it to an audio track.

JK

Comment

Working...
              X