Alright gang...set me up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright gang...set me up.

I am getting ready to invest in a simple software synth setup for my office.

I am running a Macbook with a PTools/Mbox Pro rig. it allows me to do basic editing and mixing stuff for the weekend services.

What I want to do is to add a small keyboard controller and a synth setup for the Mac that will allow me to do light work for charting and pre production and such.

Maybe a little 37 or 49 key controller from M Audio...where ya at Fred

For the software, I would like a basic compliment of Pianos and Synth tones. Maybe some simple drum/bass sounds.

What would you guys recommend that would be simple and could integrate with my Ptools rig?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I'm no expert on this by any means, but I recently got an M-Audio controller just to do some transcribing and it came with Key Rig software that has a variety of piano, organ, and synth sounds; I ended up using it in worship.

Comment

Originally posted by DougB View Post
      Hi there,

I'm no expert on this by any means, but I recently got an M-Audio controller just to do some transcribing and it came with Key Rig software that has a variety of piano, organ, and synth sounds; I ended up using it in worship.

Which controller did you buy?

Fred, where you at? Can these programs integrate with Ptools?

Comment

If you guys are reading this and haven't heard yet, Fred and his family could use our prayers.

His little son has been taken to the hospital to determine whether an unusual mass they've found is dangerous.

Fred you've got our prayers.

Comment

Already praying (I read it in his blog).

Comment

M-Audio Key Rig 46 (49?) - about $100; only 46 (49?) keys.

Comment

Yep, I'd second (or third) M-audio & Key Rig combo.
              I got the Axiom and really like it--all the buttons and knobs I want and aftertouch, too.

Comment

Alright, I picked up the M Audio Oxygen 49. I think it's the right size for what I want to do. I got Ableton loaded and I am not at all impressed with any of the sounds that come with the "lite" version. I'll look into that key rig combo. I don't want to pay too much money, so we'll see if this works out. I go the Oxygen rig for $129, so I am happy about that.

Comment

Working...
                X