Digital Audio to Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Audio to Video

We are in the process of purchasing a new video rig and I am looking for camera suggestions. We record our worship audio via live 2 track. We have two studio project condensers mounted hear the FOH that feed back to an ART preamp and A/D convertor. I am looking for a product that snaps good 1080p and also accepts digital audio input [i/e SPDIF, TOSLINK etc].

Any recommendations?

Would also consider a setup with HDMI out to a video mixer of some sort that accepted digital audio in.

It seems to me you're going the long way around to get what you're after. Any decent digital video camera supports 3.5mm external stereo microphone jacks, so you should be able to simply plug your mics into a small mixer and output the stereo signal to the camera. The camera will take care of the digital storage of both the video as well as its accompanying digital soundtrack. Or am I missing what you're trying to achieve?
    The Posse Band live performance tracks can be heard by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Originally posted by DunedinDragon View Post
      It seems to me you're going the long way around to get what you're after. Any decent digital video camera supports 3.5mm external stereo microphone jacks, so you should be able to simply plug your mics into a small mixer and output the stereo signal to the camera. The camera will take care of the digital storage of both the video as well as its accompanying digital soundtrack. Or am I missing what you're trying to achieve?
      That's actually the setup we currently have but the sound from the ART pres are a lot better than what comes off our Yamaha board. Plus the A/D converter in the preamp is probably a little higher quality than what is built into the camcorder.

I'm looking at a couple of video mix setups now.....will post something if I find anything of value under $1000.

Comment

Working...
      X