Cables, Stands, Mics, etc storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cables, Stands, Mics, etc storage

I need to find a different solution for storing our cables, mic stands, music stands, mics, etc at our church. We don't have a backstage area, we simply have rooms flanking the stage so space is at a premium. Currently, most of the gear is stored in a large filing cabinet, which to say the least, is less than ideal. How are y'all storing your gear? Pics would be awesome.

Thanks!
    ((Matt))
    Drummer & Technical Director - Carolina Bays Church - Little River, SC
    Owner - G.A.S. Powered Productions
    "When you are down to nothing, God is up to something"

We use standard gear boxes.. They aren't cheap, but they are very rugged, and can take a beating. Music stores don't usually carry them, you have to order them
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327286163.969696.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have used in the past Garage storage systems. Go to your favorite home improvement store and check out all the interesting ways you can utilize a wall for storage. 1 set of simple garden tool hooks can hold a dozen mic cables. A wall bike rack can hold 6 mic stands. A wall organizer with pullout drawers can hold small items like mics. Add some wall guitar hangers and they can hang too. the possibilities are endless. I like the fact that you can see everything....out of sight out of mind. Do some research online as to all the different hooks and gadgets that are available. Plan it out and it works great.

Comment

We use a tool rack. Mics, batteries, and stuff in the small top drawers, cables, DI boxes, power strips etc. in the bottom deeper drawers. We do have a mess of stands (music/mic) and I don't really have a good solution to them. We've got good space for storage backstage for them but they are an unorganized eye-sore that I'd like to do something with. Hope that helps though!

Comment

I suggest gear boxes like Chris mentioned. They aren't cheap, but neither are cables and mics that get damaged from being banged around.

The nice thing is that they can be stacked nice and take up relatively small space.

On a related note, a big part of this is cable storage. You can pick up big strips of Velcro straps that you can wrap around cables to keep them wrapped nice and stored easier.

For some of the bigger cables (Speakon, snakes, etc) we just use a big storage tub. They are pretty durable and stack good (and cheap).

Mic stands and music stands are just so awkward they are hard to store, unless you get the collapsible ones, but they aren't very sturdy.
          If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

Thanks y'all. I would prefer road cases too, but our church, that'd be about the equivalent of using a sledge hammer to drive a finish nail...overkill. I've got some ideas I'm exploring, but nothing solid yet.
            ((Matt))
            Drummer & Technical Director - Carolina Bays Church - Little River, SC
            Owner - G.A.S. Powered Productions
            "When you are down to nothing, God is up to something"

Comment

For cables I have found a great solution. We bought some hose rollers. You can attach mic cables male to female and just roll them up. They dispense and put away very quickly, there is no tangle, no binding and it even rolls so you can roll all the cables to the platform then put the whole thing back. The same male to female idea works great for extension cords as well. Speaker and instrument cables can be velcroed together at the ends then rolled up the same way.

Hope this idea helps... we've used it for years.... love it....

Jeff

Comment

Mic Cable Storage Solution.

Originally posted by MustangsAndDrums View Post
                I need to find a different solution for storing our cables, mic stands, music stands, mics, etc at our church. We don't have a backstage area, we simply have rooms flanking the stage so space is at a premium. Currently, most of the gear is stored in a large filing cabinet, which to say the least, is less than ideal. How are y'all storing your gear? Pics would be awesome.

Thanks!
                In the spirit of full disclosure, I make and sell this product. However, it provides a very effect means of organizing and protecting microphone cables, and seems to be especially popular in the church audio community. Attached are photos. More info available at www.reel-axe.com. Hope it helps.Wall.jpg. Case.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X