Displaying Media Shout on a TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying Media Shout on a TV

Hey all, what I'm looking to do is send what I'm showing in Media Shout to two Plasma TV's located in the foyer of the church. While of course still being able to project to the main screen of the sanctuary. The main event that I'm looking to get shown on the TV's and projector screen at the same time is the Service Countdown. Does anyone know of a solution for what I'm trying to do? I apologize in advance if I'm not being clear in my description.

I found this device Netgear Media Center but I'm not clear if it will do what I'm wanting. Thanks!

That media center is more of a library, not for streaming.

You need something to distribute a single source to multiple locations. We have a distributed a/v network in our building using Extron Cat5 gear. Our Distributed video switcher and FOH console both output to a box that converts the A/V to data and sends it to a Cat5 router then we send that all over the building. (Cat5 cable is much cheaper and easier to pull.) There is another converter at each location that converts the signal back from Cat5 to VGA and Stereo Audio.

This is what we have at the beginning of our line: Extron Twisted Pair RGB Transmitters & Receivers - MTP C7 T 15HD A

Let me know if I can help you out.
    Travis Paulding,
    Production & Technology Director, St. Simons Community Church
    www.sscommunitychurch.com
    twitter.com/tpaulding

Comment

Something like this may also work:
      Energy Transformation Systems ETS AV970 Series VGA and Stereo Audio Baluns VGA Over CAT5 Systems at Markertek.com
      Travis Paulding,
      twitter.com/tpaulding

Comment

So If I'm understanding this right, I would need two ETS-AV970. One pair for each TV. Some Cat5 and...can you think of anything else? How would they interface with the AV computer? They look like they're using a VGA connector.

Comment

You would need something to split the output of the computer into at least two VGA outs. Then, one goes to your existing projector and the other would go into the twisted pair transmitter. Take the output of that twisted pair transmitter into a switch/DA of some sort to give you two (at least) Cat 5 sends with your computers video and audio sources. Then you would need one receiver at each TV to convert the signal back from Cat 5 to VGA. Just remember your input and output needs to match. Whatever you will be using to input to the TV screens needs to be what you send in to the Cat 5 transmitter.
          Travis Paulding,
          twitter.com/tpaulding

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the information.

Small note: I'm about 5 minutes outside of Augusta, GA. Small world eh?

Comment

Working...
            X