Batteries: rechargables Vs NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries: rechargables Vs NOT

OK..our finance team has requested that we explore the idea of using rechargable batteries in in our mics and other equipt. That would entail recharing 6 9Vand 6 AAs weekly...

General Thoughts???

Equiptment used?

We use rechargeables (9vs) every week, and as far as I know for 3 years (that I've been here) have never had a problem.
    Associate Director of Worship & Media at St. Simons Community Church .He is also the content curator and editor here at The Worship Community.

Comment

Just 'off the shelf' rechargables?

BTW, Thanks Russ, for allowing Note to guest blog [7/21], it was an awesome post and helped me make a point with my WL.

Comment

Honestly, I'm not sure about where they're from, but knowing our tech guy I'm sure he probably bought them at Radio Shack or Walmart.

And you're welcome! I love Nate's stuff!
        Associate Director of Worship & Media at St. Simons Community Church .He is also the content curator and editor here at The Worship Community.

Comment

rechargeables

We make sure we have an extra set on hand, for some reason my wireless mic seems to 'go through' the charge more quickly than anything else and sometimes has to be replaced after we have practiced on Sun morning - but we are using them, as well, with no other issues.

Comment

Batteries: rechargables Vs NOT

as an audio visual system engineer i always recommend alkaline batteries. takes a lot of the guess work out and is cheap insurance to eliminate distractions. if you do choose to go the rechargable route please keep some fresh alkalines in near by!

aloha from maryland,
            lylespain

Comment

We have no rechargeable batteries anymore. We buy batteries in bulk, all our wireless gear uses AA batts and I get 500 for $100, that lasts about 4 months on our campus. We found that you simply can't trust the charge on the rechargeable ones. It will say full, but just as laptop rechargeable batteries go, so go the small ones. Every time the battery is discharged it has a lower total capacity for the next full charge. They can say "no memory" all they want, it still happens. That means to me that I can't know exactly how long a full charge will last me beyond the first couple of uses. Not worth it to us. Our estimates are that it costs us about $6.20 a week in batteries for main service, children's, middle school, high school and college services.
              Travis Paulding,
              Production & Technology Director, St. Simons Community Church
              www.sscommunitychurch.com
              twitter.com/tpaulding

Comment

Sweet feedback folks...thanks for the information so far.

Maggie- sounds like what you are experiencing is what Travis describes in the charging problem with rechargables ...

Travis- that is my first impression from my experience with rechargeables and our former Tech Director would not use rechargables for the same reason. Your bulk batteries; HD, alkaline?

Anyone else have some feedback for me: Yea or Nay to rechargables...

Comment

I have recently been buying Panasonic Industrials (Alkaline) before that we used Duracel Procells. The Panasonics are cheaper because they have a little bit smaller capacity. That is great for us because we change mic batteries after each weekend and had maybe 20-30% remaining on the Procells. Now the Panasonics last through the weekend services and the next weeks rehearsals with little waste. In our IEMs they typically last two weeks.

We save all the used batteries and use them for short run events, rehearsals and all of our volunteer's remotes and XBox 360 controllers.
                  Last edited by dtpuga; 08-21-2009, 09:17 AM.
                  Travis Paulding,
                  Production & Technology Director, St. Simons Community Church
                  www.sscommunitychurch.com
                  twitter.com/tpaulding

Comment

Working...
                  X