Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage Design

Hey guys-

I was wondering, do you guys do any types of set designs for your main stage, to go along with the series you are teaching on, or anything like that? Feel free to reply to this post, and attach a couple pictures of some designs you have done that you really like.

We do limited set design currently. Our stage is less than 10 feet deep and only about 25 feet wide. That limits us considerably. Add to the dimensions the fact that we have no back stage access, only access from in the room, and well, we can't do tons.

Our folks have come up with some really cool designs considering what we have though. We recently did a series on the parable of the sower and the whole stage looked like a barnyard set around out center stage section being the front of a barn. (A barn that was only 1 foot deep.) We have done similar work before, recreating a kitchen and a dock most notably.

Needless to say... We are THRILLED about our new building stage. We will have 25 feet of depth and about 80 feet of width along with a real (albeit small) backstage.

Commmmme onnnnnnn Jan '08!!!

Travis
    Travis Paulding,
    Production & Technology Director, St. Simons Community Church
    www.sscommunitychurch.com
    twitter.com/tpaulding

Comment

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I need some ideas for our stage design. We do not have themed messages so I just need a design that fits the character of the sanctuary design. It's a very colonial look. I can go into further detail but will not if this is not the place for this.

Looking for some direction
      Thanks

Comment

I think, the best way to have a better stage design is to make sure that your having the right props and lights. With this things, you can be sure of having an attractive stage. Great stage design is important on how your live talks turn out, and also pleasing to look at for a long period of time.

Comment

Working...
        X