Who is using IMAG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is using IMAG?

We just bought some HD Cameras and starting using IMAG in our services. We have had mixed results from our congregation and we can't decide what we should put on our screens and when. Some people don't like words over live video etc. We also use the footage for Cable TV. My questions for you guys that are using IMAG or are broadcasting your services on TV are:

1. How many screens do you have?

We have 3 in the front, one confidence screen in the back of the room and 2 plasmas in our lobby.

2. What program are you using for Video Graphics and Title?

We use ProVideo player for graphics and ProPresenter for Title features.

3. What kind of content are you displaying?

Videos, motion backgrounds, stills, IMAG

4. What are the pros and cons of your setup?

We don't know how to use it very well...

Comments or suggestions?

We have two 18'x24' rear projection stage left & right and one 16'x70' center stage (three projectors, edge blending, rear projection), multiple large screen displays in lobby's.

For live we only overlay text on live video for the smaller screens. For the center screen we use Catalyst media server, custom content created specifically for the screen.

Videos, motion backgrounds, stills, IMAG (yes)

Our system is completely duct taped together, figuratively. We would love to renovate the entire system. The pros are that we know how to use it even as clunky as it is. The cons is that it is highly inefficient and lacks the quality we desire.

Comment

7 total screens: a 16'x9' screen on either side of the stage, an 18'x21' center screen, and four 6'x10.5' screens as delay. The two main screens are HD, using Christie DLP HD Projectors. The center and delays screens are all high-res, WXGA screens. The Cry Room has two 50" Plasmas (HD signal), the Nursery has 2 42" LCDs (HD signal), the Green Room and Pastors Room both have 32" LCDs as well. The service is also fed to the Youth Building over Fiber, so that any of the three auditoriums in that building or any of the 20 classrooms can see whats going on in the Main Auditorium.

Two ProPresenter systems, one for lyrics and sermon notes, the other for BG effects motion grfx for the center screens. The system was designed to add a Inscriber System later on.

Videos, motion backgrounds, IMAG (all HD sources)

Pros- The space is 2300 stadium seating, so it obviously brings the facial expressions closer, and makes you feel more connected.

Cons- MUCH more rehearsal and prep time needed. Canyon Ridge Video Dept. dictates who stands where, and for how long, and what direction them face. This takes tons of prep.
      Last edited by Adam Ogden; 09-17-2008, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your post Adam, we also have had to prep for camera work...and have received a lot of resistance I might add! What is an Inscriber System?

Comment

Inscriber is the super-high-end graphics generator.....Imagine when you watch Fox News, or ESPN or something like that, and they do all of the titling and motion effects, lower-third stuff, animated graphics, etc.

Absorbing the resistance is hard....The best way is OVER-COMMUNICATION. The more you can tell them about WHY you aredoing something, the better it will be. Remind them, it's not about us....it's about Him, and bringing His message to the people as accurately and distraction free as possible.

Comment

Three giant screens at 16:9 ratio. We can source all three for the same source or run the two outside screens in tandem and the center one source B. We also have MATV's in The Village (our lobby) and Glocal Cafe' we Imag to and to a Cry Room plasma as well.

Pro-presenter ProVideo Playa'
            You can key over with those programs as well.

We have a nice Ross switcher and three Sony HD cameras with custom lens packages. We are not projecting in HD at this time ($$$), but the Imag is still quite nice.

During corporate musical worship, we do song lyrics on side screens and series logo in center. We don't Imag vocalists normally on corp worship. Sometimes we will to center screen but our "culture" doesn't want it or need it.

On a special sometimes we Imag outside two screens and run a custom made corresponding video on the center screen or vice versa.

During message we Imag preacher to outside two and keep sermon logo or needed sermon info on the center screen. Because our room is in the semi-round we need three cameras. All three cameras frame the communicator the same way so we are switching to maintain eye contact with the communicator. (you can get a feel of room with these pics... http://www.worshiptrench.com/?p=284

Not too many cons at this point. We can bottom third lyrics if wanted but we don't normally do that. If we switch from live shot to CG on center screen it requires a quick repatch which digitally glitches the screens for a half-second so we don't make that switch mid=service.

Comment

Trouble with IMAG!!!

The last three weeks we have tried to do our psator's message on IMAG, but, when he moves the center camera can't follow smoothly. I have been frustrated with the camera people, but our tech director says it's not there fault...Either way, it is really jerky and it seems as if the camera gets 'caught' on itself and whenever the operator takes his hands off of the camera handles the camera shakes. Is this a tripod issue or operator error?

Comment

have you tried working the camera during the week? see if you can do it smoothly and that will tell you whether the camera people need coordination exercises or you have a jerky tripod.

Comment

Funny you should mention that, I was able to follow someone but it was hard. We just purchased two JVC GY-200's and the picture is stunning, but the tri-pods are underwhelming.

Maybe this is a dumb question but, what tripods are you all using and how skilled are your camera people who operate them? We may need to make a new purchase...

Comment

We use tripods that costs 1,500 each. This is one area where we don't skip (would even drop camera model a level to get best video head).
                    The video head of the tripod is the most crucial piece. They run around $1,200 each. I hate to say it, but without this it would be tough. I can find out what brand if you need me to.

I STINK at being a camera person but was able at a rehearsal when i was just messing around to follow the guy as smooth as butter.

Comment

I talked to Chris. Here is what we use

Website of entire package that we have: http://www.millertripods.com/product...&productID=209
                      Tripod is the Sprinter II
                      Head is the Arrow 25

smooth as butter...if i can move smoothly with it anyone can.

Comment

Working...
                      X