High vs. Low Impodence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High vs. Low Impodence

Okay, I'm a little lost here and hoping for some help. I have a Carvin AE 185, which has passive electric pickup and an active piezo pickup. When I use a stereo splitter cable I can split the signal and have the acoustic pickup go through a direct box to the system and the electric pickups go to an amp. I want to get a pedal that can pan between to two. (I saw this on the Worshiptrench.) My question is whether I want a high or low impedence pedal. From what I understand it has something to do with active vs. passive pickup, and whether you're direct into the system or into an amp with buffered effects. Well, I'm dealing with both in this guitar. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Ernie Ball 6165 Stereo Volume/Pan

We actually modified our system and brent uses a simple TRS into the newer version of the pod which takes both signals and outputs them separately. if he wants acoustic...he has a patch set-up that runs it through only one of the outputs. the electric comes out of another. the new pod reduces the need for all the Y cabling and stereo pan pedal...but that method did work very well for us and would work for someone who wanted to remain analogue in their effects.

we'll do a video post on the new rig soon...it works really well and is even simpler.

Comment

Thanks for the info. The new setup sounds pretty sweet. I look forward to checking out the new video, and since you're not using the Ernie Ball pedal anymore I'll PM you with my address, and thank you for the donation...

Comment

Haha....shipping will be $98.99..haha

Comment

Well, now that you mentioned using the POD (I'm assuming the x3) I've been looking in that direction. We've been having stage volume problems so I'm thinking this would be a good way for us to go. So if you'd like to send me the x3 for 98.99 you've got yourself a deal.

Comment

Working...
          X