EQ -
    Chorus -
    Flanger -
    Phaser -
    Reverb -
    Tremolo -
    Noise Redux -
    Delay -

Tell us what lives on your pedal board...and why.

Smitty
    Love ONE woman...MANY guitars!

www.davidsproblem.wordpress.com

I keep my board small and simple, therefore I'm pretty picky about what goes on it...

IMAG0160.jpg

Tuner - I've used the PitchBlack for years (and still have one on my bass board), but just switched to the TC Polytune Mini for my guitar board. Works great and has a very small footprint.

Compressor - Just a plain red Dyna Comp - I keep the sensitivity almost all the way down and use it for just a slight thickening effect into my overdrive, and to balance lead levels out a bit. Simple and a very classic sound.

Overdrive - Blackstone Mosfet Overdrive - 2 channels, small footprint, and sounds ridiculously good. I primarily use the brown for rhythm and the red for lead. Not to mention the fact that it's the best looking pedal I've ever seen!

Reverb - T-Rex Tonebug. Great spring (for reverb-less amps) and hall (for more ambient sounds) reverbs. Lots of variety from two knobs. Priced right, too!

Delay - TC Electronic Flashback - you'd be hard pressed to find another pedal that does as much as it does, as well as it does, in the footprint that it occupies. I really like the audio tapping feature, too (I realize I may be in the minority on that one!) I switch between the analog, tape & mod modes, and keep the tri-chorus toneprint installed, just in case I find myself itching for modulation.
    Eric Frisch
    www.ericfrisch.com

Comment

I am really getting tired of logging on to TWC, and having the system time me out while I am composing a reply!

Smitty

Comment

I use a Boss TU-3 tuner, but my Arion HU 8500 is actually more accurate.

I use a Pigtronix Philosphers Rock. Awesome compressor with endless sustain, and a germanium grit circuit! I love this thing!

Comment

I prefer "Low Yield" overdrives, because I often play full chords behind the worship leader. I use a Boss Super Overdrive, and sometimes an Arion Tubulator. I actually got rid of my Catalinbread "Galileo" - I could not find a sound that I liked.

Smitty

Comment

Best Boost? So far its the Behringer PB 100...seriously. I have tried several.

Best Noise Redux? Behringer NR 300...seriously. Better than the "big boys".

Smitty

Comment

OK all you guitar heads out there.... I'm back and carrying the keyboard torch with a vengeance... (or at least passionate determination)...

Because of a job/career change and finally living my dream of being a licensed/certified/degreed full time music teacher I have the funds and have made three new keyboard purchases in the last 6 months so I'll start my current list with those:

Live Set up (classroom and live/worship set up):
              Korg Krome 88-key
              Korg PA600 Professional Arranger
              Roland VK8m drawbar organ module
              Pro-Sound rotary speaker
              (plus church's Clavinova depending on duties that day)
              all run through a Yamaha 8 channel submixer

School office for private lessons and practicing:
              Yamaha YPG635

Home set up:
              Yamaha P-95
              Korg Microstation

other:
              Ipad 2 with various music apps including my favorite keyboard dude's app GEOSYNTH... check that app out.. a way cool and totally playable digital instrument. Developed by my man Jordan Rudess!!!!

ok... that's all for now... credit now maxed... have to pay all that off... chapter 2 on the way.....

Jeff

Comment

Welcome to the party, Jeff!

Comment

My rig is geared old school

Yamaha Motif XS6
                  Korg Triton
                  Hammond XK3 w/ 145 Leslie fully tubed at 125 watts.

)

Comment

Hope you don't have to haul that Leslie to and from church every weekend!
                    Eric Frisch
                    www.ericfrisch.com

Comment

My bass gear is pretty simple- I run through a compressor on my Digitech BP200, into a small 12" amp with a DI to the board. I like the sound of my bass without a lot of flavor except maybe a chorus effect now and then. My 'outdoor' rig is a GK Backline 600 and a used Crate 4x10. Works good.

I'm just getting into guitar, so I'm getting my 'wish list' together. You guys are giving me some ideas. I do have a little Peavey Studio Pro from the 80s that I got a good deal on. It sounds great for a 20w amp aside of a speaker basket rattle when I play a low G or A...

As far as pedals, I'm looking at two extremes- either a simple Big Muff- Delay- Univibe/Phaser setup or an all-out floor module like the Mustang or Boss with a plethora of effects

Don, I dig that old-school stuff- as long as I don't have to carry it... (I can't afford it either lol)
                      If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

Working...
                      X