• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Drummer-Challenged Church With Loads of Cash

I just encountered this:

YouTube - BFD - Zen Drumming

Zendrummer MIDI controller = $1,500
    BFD2 Software = $299 (expansions cost about $50 each)
    Muse Receptor VST Plug-In Player = $2000

Total = ~$3,800+

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Sambekzx View Post
    I just encountered this:

YouTube - BFD - Zen Drumming

Zendrummer MIDI controller = $1,500
    BFD2 Software = $299 (expansions cost about $50 each)
    Muse Receptor VST Plug-In Player = $2000

Total = ~$3,800+

Thoughts?
    That is very cool, but I think if you are "drummer-challenged" you're going to have a hard time making use of it. The skill level required seem to be pretty substantial.

Comment

I agree. It doesn't look like something a non-drummer could easily pick up and start playing. You have to know something about drum grooves and phraseology and timing discipline to play a convincing drum pattern. But that being said, because humans are innately better at using their fingers than their limbs, the learning curve might be drastically reduced compared to learning to play on a real drum kit.

Comment

I agree with what's already been said - you'd really need a drummer to use it properly. That said, pretty sweet! Also, FWIW, you could put it together for way less money than that. Unfortunately, the controller itself costs what it costs, but there are other software programs out there, and if you already have a computer, you wouldn't have to have the hardware VST player.

Pretty cool.
        Eric Frisch
        www.ericfrisch.com

Comment

There are dozens of VST software programs that cost far, far less (or free) that could accomplish that part of it, unless the interface from the controller is causing a lot of latency on a software-based solution.

Even Ableton would be far cheaper than this.

Comment

Working...
          X