!-- Beacon Ads Ad Code -->

Sponsor Ad:

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unorthodox guitars on the worship stage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomad100 View Post
    I used a zakk wylde les paul at church this past sunday "distraction".
    I get complements every sunday on my playing "distraction".
    I tore up a lead riffs on revelation song this sunday using Mesa type distortion "distraction".
    I have red, blonde and violet highlights in my hair "distraction".
    I'm almost 30 and wear skinny jeans, "distraction"
    I'm the only person at church who is in style clothes wise "distraction"
    I have a dove decal on my amp head "distraction"
    I almost never look at my fret board and hands while i play "distraction"
    I can't stand still while playing "distraction"
    My grandma hates that the worship leader now plays a keyboard "distraction"
    Singer singing off key "distraction"
    Drummer plays with hot rods "distraction"
    My grandma complains song don't have enough words, my uncle complains they have to many!
    Digital fuzz artifacts and flat lifeless tone from modeling devices "DISTRACTION"

My point is we can make anything seem evil, the church has been doing it for centuries. Anything can be a distraction, depending on the person. Something that is a distraction to one person might be a necessity for another person to not be distracted.
    Yes there are some guitars that were designed to look evil, aside from those CHILL OUT!
    The type of guitar you play is not an indicator of your spiritual maturity! The style of music you play is not an indicator of your spiritual maturity! Maybe musical maturity....

Nit picking everything will only drive people away and ruin your witness.

Recently I went threw a faith crisis we all do at some point to some degree. My crisis wasn't caused by God, it was caused by ridiculous christians and pastors i've had to deal with in my life. So please be careful with what you say to people and what you deem profane. Jesus turned water to wine at a wedding celebration, yet i know a guy who was fired from a christian university because his son had alcohol at his wedding reception. All this is part of a bigger issue!
    Sorry dud... I didn't mean to offend you I was merely responding to the OP. FWIW Restraint and respect needs to be shown at some point and being apart of a worship team is a leadership position, it has it's responsibilities and you must lead by example one can not deny that.

Comment

Digital fuzz artifacts and flat lifeless tone from modeling devices "DISTRACTION"
      Breakin' my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by hitchface View Post
        Breakin' my heart.
        Not from mine...

Comment

Yeah, mine neither. Of course.

Comment

bigger picture.

I can be a little sensitive sometimes. I try to look at things from a bigger perspective. Obviously not everything goes at church, but by what measure are determining? Surely not tradition! Hopefully fruit, by that i mean what kind of people is your church attracting? Are you just getting cross growth, or are you attracting the lost?

People are simple, we share common needs. We want to be around people we identify with. If all you present is a sterile image of a christian, your only going to be maintaining the "church club". The church club usually consist of people born into the church environment, who haven't a clue! I'm not saying this applies to all people born into the church. I thank God i wasn't born into a hyper real christian family.

Back to specifics saying the type of guitar a person has is relational to their spiritual mature is ridiculous! This is as bad as forcing everyone to wear dress clothes on Sunday morning. By removing the identity of your leadership your reducing their effectiveness. Your setting a bad example of what I good Christian is. Your setting a false precedent about what spiritual maturity looks like. Lets not even talk about respect, that has everything to do with attitude not your guitar, amp, or FX.

Even bigger who cares if someone is distracted sunday during music, Worship is a lifestyle is it not......... If something about my presence draws someone to come talk to me, and it opens an opportunity to positively rock their world that's the whole point!
            Live Blessed!

Comment

p.s. sorry about the modeler comment i have found they are getting a lot better.
              Live Blessed!

Comment

p.s. sorry about the modeler comment i have found they are getting a lot better.
                Have you had the chance to try the Axe FX yet? yes it is a pricy pice but the depth and tubeyness is undeniable, coming from an extensive tube amp background and a few modelers it's the closest yet from a digital offering. and the FX are the cleanest I have ever dealt with.

Comment

I've not had a chance to try the axe yet, but it makes me drewl! I've been trying to find a unit that lets me still use the preamp of my amp.
                  Live Blessed!

Comment

I've not had a chance to try the axe yet, but it makes me drewl! I've been trying to find a unit that lets me still use the preamp of my amp.
                    The roughting options of the Axe will let you do this no problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X