you know guys... I just have to say it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Edwin View Post
    I get what you're saying Louis. I was on another forum and read a comment that went something like " My guitar would beat up any other guitar " LOL. I never thought of guitars as being alive ha ha ha. The argument can get ridiculous.
    LOL, that's my point Edwin, that's how silly it gets sometimes.

Comment

I'm just having a hard time determining what made this conversation so serious. Right after I made my Cessna comparison (which was to show that saying "Fenders are cheap" is a kind of odd statement...just as odd as saying "Gibsons sound funny") it got all serious. Each brand is so huge that they are both bound to have guitars that are cheap and sound funny.

Comment

Originally posted by hitchface View Post
        I'm just having a hard time determining what made this conversation so serious. Right after I made my Cessna comparison
        Humor is sometimes weird and I hardly take anything on the internet seriously.

BTW how is the action on those Cessnas. I haven't played one yet.

Comment

Really depends on the model. Your basic 172 is a no frills machine and does the job, but it isn't exactly precise. Even though it is a basic model, I still can't determine why they have all those knobs and buttons...I just want a volume and a tone! Who knows what "mixture" or "Alt. Static Air" does.

Get up to the Citation X and things get much more complicated. Oh, but the SOUND! To die for, really.

Comment

I'm just having a hard time determining what made this conversation so serious. Right after I made my Cessna comparison (which was to show that saying "Fenders are cheap" is a kind of odd statement...just as odd as saying "Gibsons sound funny") it got all serious. Each brand is so huge that they are both bound to have guitars that are cheap and sound funny.
            You might be taking it personally because my post followed yours, though it was not directed at you, just in general why we have to call one brand cheap as opposed to saying "I prefer this or that." not a big deal, just voicing my opinion that I think its more beneficial to discuss what we like and why rather than dis what we don't like.

In terms of Aircraft, I have little experience so I'd better stay out of that conversation, I'm impressed that you fly tho.

Comment

Get up to the Citation X and things get much more complicated. Oh, but the SOUND! To die for, really.

I have heard rumor of that but I heard that they are too loud for church volumes. Maybe get a really big hot plate?

Comment

Naw, I don't take it personally because like I said, I don't care who plays what unless it sounds absurdly cheap on my team Selfish, maybe.

I just got confused is all.

Comment

Well, that being said, my Japanese Strat sounded good next to the Epiphone Les Paul yesterday, it's all good as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                    Well, that being said, my Japanese Strat sounded good next to the Epiphone Les Paul yesterday, it's all good as they say.
                    I think that is a recipe for success. I you have multipal guitars it is better to have each with different sounds and playing different parts. Two identical guitars that are playing the same parts have a tendancy to cancel each other.

Comment

Really depends on the model. Your basic 172 is a no frills machine and does the job, but it isn't exactly precise. Even though it is a basic model, I still can't determine why they have all those knobs and buttons...I just want a volume and a tone! Who knows what "mixture" or "Alt. Static Air" does.

I'm more of an Avro Arrow kinda guy. Much more bang for your CAD buck

Comment

Working...
                      X