No announcement yet.

you know guys... I just have to say it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you know guys... I just have to say it.

Is Gibson (after Salvation and Eggnog) not the best thing to ever happen to humanity (also, perhaps, after the double-kick)?

lol I just got a new J-185 CE Rosewood and the thing is the most incredible guitar I have ever played. I used to believe that with Gibson, you pay for hype and a shiny name on the headstock, but I am seriously blown away by this guitar. I also own a Gibson Flying V, and while I have played nicer guitars, I am still quite in love with it. Any other Gibson enthusiasts out there?

Originally posted by RefineryWorship View Post
    Is Gibson (after Salvation and Eggnog) not the best thing to ever happen to humanity (also, perhaps, after the double-kick)?

lol I just got a new J-185 CE Rosewood and the thing is the most incredible guitar I have ever played. I used to believe that with Gibson, you pay for hype and a shiny name on the headstock, but I am seriously blown away by this guitar. I also own a Gibson Flying V, and while I have played nicer guitars, I am still quite in love with it. Any other Gibson enthusiasts out there?
    2 words

Les Paul!!!
    8-)

what? me worry?

Comment

I'm more of a Fender guy myself, but yeah, quality guitars just make playing music feel so much better!

Comment

Gibson................I just don't care for the "break off" headstock.

Comment

Tele, Strat, PRS!
          Lol!

Comment

Strats and Teles are definitely more versatile and can get a wider range of tones than an individual Gibson...but you have to work at it a little more.

Plug a Les Paul in and it sound fabbo before you turn any knobs.
            8-)

what? me worry?

Comment

Well, I'm a Fender guy and play a Japanese Strat. I confess to having had Les Paul envy a few years ago and remember staring at a Reasonably priced standard on the wall of Guitar Center until my son said "Dad? Dad? Are you alright"? I think it was $3k+, so I decided to bring my strat to a good luthier who overhauled it, took out the seymour duncan humbucker and put in fat 50 single coil pickups (he said "It's a Start, let it sound like a Strat." With his work and the Fender Hot Rod DeVille I had bought (sadly had to sell) I did acheive a sound I was very happy with, so I don't think I'll switch to Les Paul any time soon, but I do like the feel of them.
              Last edited by Louis; 12-22-2010, 09:55 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin View Post
                Gibson................I just don't care for the "break off" headstock.
                fender.............i just dont care for the "bolt on" assembled-by-slave-labour-in-a-third-world-country feel to a made in america joke of musical instrument engineering.

Comment

fender.............i just dont care for the "bolt on" assembled-by-slave-labour-in-a-third-world-country feel to a made in america joke of musical instrument engineering.
                  Ok..........

Comment

You seemed to take offense to my post. Do you work at the Gibson factory? Or do you despise Fender for some reason and think they should be outlawed?As for acoustics the 185 is the only Gibson I like. I use and probably will stick to using slave-labour Takamines. Don't worry I won't make you use one LOL
                    Last edited by Edwin; 12-22-2010, 02:54 PM.

Comment

i'm a fender person.... no good reason why.... i just am. gibsons are really nice though

Comment

why can't we all get along?

For the life of me, I never understood why there was such polarization in regards to Gibson v. Fender. Why does everything have to be this or that? There are plenty of guitar virtuosos who use both brands. Even the Les Paul tribute with Jeff Beck... he played some Gibsons to honor Les, but switched back to his instrument of choice, the Strat.

IMO, they both are wonderful instruments that have unique characteristics.

Feel the love people!

Comment

I say just feel the love all around and get a Variax!

:stir the pot smilie:
                          :evil grin smilie:
                          :hide behind a wall smilie:
                          :somekindacrazyinternetsmiliethatdoesntexist:

Comment

Originally posted by hitchface View Post
                            I say just feel the love all around and get a Variax!

:stir the pot smilie:
                            :evil grin smilie:
                            :hide behind a wall smilie:
                            :somekindacrazyinternetsmiliethatdoesntexist:
                            Oh, brother.....

My absolute favorite guitarist (Steve Howe) uses one, but I must confess, I didn't love hearing it in concert.

Comment

Was it hearing with your eyes?

Had to ask. Most folks can't get past the lack up pickups. Some time I'd like to test out the VaxII in Les Paul form and see if anybody says anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X