!-- Beacon Ads Ad Code -->

Sponsor Ad:

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acoustasonic Tele

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Acoustasonic Tele

    Has anyone had a chance to try out this new guitar from Fender:

    http://www.fender.com/products/searc...tno=0144500300

    It looks absolutely perfect for worship leading when "you have to play an acoustic but wish it were an electric"!

    I've yet to see one make it over to any of my normal music stores this side of the Atlantic, and would love to know how it sounds!

    Simon

  • #2
    I've really wanted to experiment with a piezo bridge in an electric guitar.
    Live Blessed!

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks interesting... I wanna give it a go, but Id probably prefer to just play a Taylor T3/b or something

      Comment


      • #4
        I have heard of guys with acoustics playing through a distortion pedal also to sound like an electric. I would play an acoustic to sound like an acoustic and an electric to sound like an electric. I don't have a good opinion about morphidite guitars. It seems rediculous to me.

        Comment


        • #5
          Oh there's loads of benefits of an electric sounding like an acoustic:

          Lighter strings
          Easier to play (faster!)
          Smaller case
          Lighter Guitar
          Using single channel in the PA
          Flexibility between electric/acoustic sounds
          Switch between sounds quicker in a song
          ....

          Yeah with a truck to carry your kit or in a studio there wouldn't be much purpose, but for traveling lightly or switching between sounds quickly within a single song I can't see what there isn't to like about such an instrument - so long as the acoustic sound is believable.

          Simon

          PS I've been wanting to put a piezo bridge in an ES335 for a while however have not yet got the balls to trust a luthier hacking into my beautiful instrument!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by simon View Post
            Oh there's loads of benefits of an electric sounding like an acoustic:

            Lighter strings
            Easier to play (faster!)
            Smaller case
            Lighter Guitar
            Using single channel in the PA
            Flexibility between electric/acoustic sounds
            Switch between sounds quicker in a song
            ....

            Yeah with a truck to carry your kit or in a studio there wouldn't be much purpose, but for traveling lightly or switching between sounds quickly within a single song I can't see what there isn't to like about such an instrument - so long as the acoustic sound is believable

            I am sure you are right. In a worship setting I fail to find the need for any of the above you suggest.

            Comment


            • #7
              I used an Ibanez Montage hybrid for a couple of years—it was a shallow hollow body, but set up and had playability closer to an electric. It had magnetic and piezo pickups as well as built-in FX such as distortion, chorus, reverb.

              It was cool in the beginning—it enabled me to leave my pedals at home, switch mid-song for a totally different sound, etc. In the end, I realized I wasn't using it much any more because it wasn't as good an acoustic as my Martin, nor was it as good an electric as my Strat. I sold it to a happy new owner.

              Maybe this Acoustasonic Tele® is better, though for me I like the FEEL of an acoustic as well as the sound, so I think for now I'm happy just using either/or.

              Comment


              • #8
                Edwin - from this and the POD thread I get the feeling that you wouldn't be happy playing anywhere without something like this:

                http://worshipinthecity.files.wordpr...ack_slayer.jpg

                However the longer I'm involved in music the more I realise that it's how you use stuff that matters, and flexibility in both set-up time and sound in a worship setting is loads more important than thousands spent on a killer tone that frankly won't be noticed by the majority of people! Good guitarists sound great, and good worship leaders lead well, no matter what equipment they have!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by simon View Post
                  Edwin - from this and the POD thread I get the feeling that you wouldn't be happy playing anywhere without something like this:

                  http://worshipinthecity.files.wordpr...ack_slayer.jpg

                  However the longer I'm involved in music the more I realise that it's how you use stuff that matters, and flexibility in both set-up time and sound in a worship setting is loads more important than thousands spent on a killer tone that frankly won't be noticed by the majority of people! Good guitarists sound great, and good worship leaders lead well, no matter what equipment they have!
                  Well said.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i wouldn't say not matter what equipment. You have to keep in mind a good amount of people listen mostly to words, but a few of us listen to the music. Bad tone is a distraction to me, both as a player and a listener. I think a tube preamp in the loop of the pod would be a good compromise.
                    Live Blessed!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by simon View Post
                      Edwin - from this and the POD thread I get the feeling that you wouldn't be happy playing anywhere without something like this:

                      [url]http://worshipinthecity.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/800px-marshallstack_slayer.jpg[/
                      Good for you.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nomad100 View Post
                        i wouldn't say not matter what equipment. You have to keep in mind a good amount of people listen mostly to words, but a few of us listen to the music. Bad tone is a distraction to me, both as a player and a listener. I think a tube preamp in the loop of the pod would be a good compromise.
                        I suppose the question is how bad does the tone have to be to cause a distraction? I have previously been a bit of a tone snob but was humbled the other day by a friend whose amp died at a gig so he plugged his Tele into a borrowed Boss SD-1 and then sent the signal straight to the desk. He's a great musician but I only realised quite how great when he managed to make this set-up sound close enough to his normal tube amp (a DSL60) that once the rest of the band was playing I couldn't really tell the difference!

                        Which takes me back to the original question - I wonder if this new instrument from Fender is "good enough" on the acoustic tone for the worship setting? It looks like a step up from the acoustic simulator pedals or just sticking a piezo on a normal electric.

                        Simon

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by simon View Post
                          Which takes me back to the original question - I wonder if this new instrument from Fender is "good enough" on the acoustic tone for the worship setting? It looks like a step up from the acoustic simulator pedals or just sticking a piezo on a normal electric.

                          Simon
                          The problem is trying to mimic a sound quality and in my opinion is so far done poorly. I guess if you are going to be a one man band one could overlook the sound quality. There are decent acoustic electrics that are available for well under $1000.00.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X