Pod Alternative/ direct in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod Alternative/ direct in

I've done some experimenting, over the summer. I tried lots of amp modeling software.

The best results i had was using my computer, interface and the 4 cable method with my amps preamp. I could track the dry guitar, the post preamp guitar and use a speaker modeler into my headphones. I didn't set it up but i can with this setup control my amp and software with a midi pedal.

I've considered selling my Rm100 amp and getting a RM4 preamp. I would of course just build me a power amp, for when i needed it.
    Live Blessed!

You might want to try the Behringer V Tone GDI21 pedal. It's analog modeling.
    I gave one to our guitar player and he Loves it. Check out this video review by Graham Cochrane.

Behringer V-Tone GDi21 Review [Video] | The Recording Revolution

Comment

I have gone the opposite direction and actually prefer to use my Fender amp without any pedals and using a mike into the PA. I now remember why I bought this amp! Such sweet tone!

Comment

that's my favorite way to use it, at most i use a volume pedal.
        Live Blessed!

Comment

I was forced to play DI for a while without an amp.... it was horrible. NOw... if you have some really nice software I'm sure it could acutally sound really nice. Nothing better than a good amp and a solid pedal board in between the guitar and amp

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Nettles View Post
            I was forced to play DI for a while without an amp.... it was horrible. NOw... if you have some really nice software I'm sure it could acutally sound really nice. Nothing better than a good amp and a solid pedal board in between the guitar and amp
            What is a solid pedal board?

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
              What is a solid pedal board?
              Hit your drummer on the head with it to find out!

Simon

Comment

Working...
              X