Looking for views on a Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for views on a Guitar

Does anyone own a Gretsch Duo Jet Hard body Guitar with a Bigsby?? if So Can you give some reviews on it, Thinking of Purchasing One. Currently I`m playing a Alvarez Yairi And running an FX-102 mystic blues overdrive as a lead progression, and it sounds not too bad, But Have heard alot of great things about upgrading to an electric. So its either a Gretsch or a Les Paul.

I don't play one or know anyone personally who does. but the Hillsong guitar player is using one alot. Is it Nigel?? I think. He gets a great sound you should be able to find some youtube videos of him playing it.

Comment

Why only a Gretsch or a Les Paul? Seems kinda limiting to me. I am, proudly, a "Fender guy", but have played, and owned, MANY different electric guitars.

My advice would be to play as many different guitars as you can get your hands on, and then choose the one that a) you like best, b) you are most comfortable playing, and c) best serves the intended purpose.

Smitty
      Love ONE woman...MANY guitars!

www.davidsproblem.wordpress.com

Comment

if you want to go with a Gretsch, go for the Electromatic G (the G Love Guitar) other than that, I would stick to the semi and hollow bodies from them.

I myself, own a MIM strat, but if I had choices and money, I am a tele guy.you should really go to a guitar shoppe and spend time jamming out on a bunch of guitars and get some better Ideas of what works for you before you choose one.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
          Does anyone own a Gretsch Duo Jet Hard body Guitar with a Bigsby?? if So Can you give some reviews on it, Thinking of Purchasing One. Currently I`m playing a Alvarez Yairi And running an FX-102 mystic blues overdrive as a lead progression, and it sounds not too bad, But Have heard alot of great things about upgrading to an electric. So its either a Gretsch or a Les Paul.
          If you feel good about it go get it. I have owned guitars that others have liked but I didn't. The end result is those guitars are gone. It is what ever you are happy with.

Comment

Working...
          X