Originally posted by Smitty View Post
      Nice work, Dm!

Smitty
      Thank you much.
      It was a labor of love.

Dm

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
        "why do you have humbuckers in it? It's a Strat, let it sound like a Strat"!

The nice thing about solid bodies is the owner can easily change the tone character with electronics. I guess this draws a line in the sand between the purist and the modder. When I play my guitars I like to have them set up the way I want them. I believe this facilitates better playing for the musician. Whether it's stone stock or wildly modifided your audience probably won't recognize the difference. I own my guitars, they don't own me.

Comment

WORD, Edwin!

Smitty
          Love ONE woman...MANY guitars!

www.davidsproblem.wordpress.com

Comment

Tele?

So I know alot of you own tele's and I recently got my first one. I love it. The only little thing I dont like is the pickups are a little noise, how do you guys deal with this? I mean in most situations it is not bad, but I played at a huge church with IEM and top of the line everything and the noise was most noticeable there. The sound guy put a massive gate on me and I could not execute a good swell because the gate was so strong. The pups are excellent though, sound amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaetano Paul View Post
              So I know alot of you own tele's and I recently got my first one. I love it. The only little thing I dont like is the pickups are a little noise, how do you guys deal with this?

When I first got my new Tele I loved the tone and thought I wouldn't change a thing. Then at practice everyone noticed the noise. Fenders solution is to put "noiseless pickups" in, and "noiseless" is just another way of saying stacked single coil size humbuckers. I noticed a lot of pros use humbuckers in their Teles and retain that Tele twang. I put humbuckers in both of my Telecasters and I don't have a noise problem and they still sounds like Tele's (on steroids).

Comment

Thanks Edwin, not what I wanted to hear though. This is my only single coil guitar, and will keep it that way. So the noise is something to live with then?
                Originally posted by Edwin View Post
                When I first got my new Tele I loved the tone and thought I wouldn't change a thing. Then at practice everyone noticed the noise. Fenders solution is to put "noiseless pickups" in, and "noiseless" is just another way of saying stacked single coil size humbuckers. I noticed a lot of pros use humbuckers in their Teles and retain that Tele twang. I put humbuckers in both of my Telecasters and I don't have a noise problem and they still sounds like Tele's (on steroids).

Comment

Originally posted by Gaetano Paul View Post
                  So the noise is something to live with then?
                  There is noise suppreser cables that work but makes you output weak and cuts some of the treble out. If you use tube amps there are mods that silence amp hum to get rid of some of the noise, or active single coil pickups but you stated earlier that was silly.

Comment

Also you could look into shielding the pickup cavity.
                    I need pictures of your drummer in his booth/cage/room http://drummersbehindglass.com

Comment

Originally posted by travisvwright View Post
                      Edwin, why wouldn't you switch to a 500K pot?

OK. I've repented. I just put in some 500K pots and got a little more treble but the bass is much more defined. I have a hard time thinking that maybe some one else is right and I am stubborn. I should of installed them when I put my pickups in. Some times I'm not too bright.

Comment

Paul, by all means shield the pickup cavity. There are lots of tutorials online, and the job is a relatively easy one to do, and...it will help!.

Smitty
                        Love ONE woman...MANY guitars!

www.davidsproblem.wordpress.com

Comment

+1 defiantly shield use coper tape, i tried the paint it not as easy and doesn't shield as well.
                          Live Blessed!

Comment

Working...
                          X