Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to get a certain sound

Hey guys,

I just joined today. I am trying to get Hillsong United sound from the All Of The Above album. Here's my setup:

Fender strat
    boss ls2 line selector > boss tu2 tuner
    Budwah
    Tonebone trimode
    Ehx small clone
    TCE nd1 nova delay
    Blackheart little giant half stack

Sounds like you've got a nice setup man...

There are several different (and really cool) guitar tones on on that album... And honestly, without having two guitar plays, I don't think you'll be able to nail down specifically the sound you are wanting (a lot of times they've got one guy playing a les paul-type sound, another doing the single-coil thing.)

I can tell you that for a lot of their mellower stuff, the trick to the really cool, very ambient tone is running two delays. Personally, I play a les paul (usually) into (among other pedals) a Boss DD6 delay and then into an 80's Ibanez analog delay, and I can just about nail that sound.

Also, (and you may already do this) but finding a good balance between gain on your amp and gain on your pedals is crucial. If you run just a little grit before your delay, it'll help give you the sound you're looking for.

Me, I run my overdrive/distortion pedals before my delays. I have one cranked for a lead boost and the other set just for a little grit. I run that into my amp which I push just to the point of breakup...then when I hit the pedal(s) it pushes it into a really rich sounding distortion without getting buzzy or harsh.

But, all that is to say this...I think the trick is dual-delays (maybe some reverb as well, depending on your space) and a little bit of overdrive.

I hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
    X