question for acoustic users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for acoustic users

I'm thinking of unloading my current acoustic. Takamine eg340sc. The plugged in sound is quite acceptable, but its not loud enough unplugged for my taste and uses, as I tend to fingerpick on acoustic. Any recommendations for a louder acoustic? The epiphone ej200ce and Michael Kelly nostalgia 60sjce (both super jumbo size) have peaked my interest today, and a former bandmate used a Martin DX1 which was awesome and had great projection, but this is only the beginning of the thought and search process.

Thanks!

I LOVE my Breedloves! I always recommend them.

Comment

Originally posted by babusaada View Post
      I was just about to say the same thing. Of the various acoustics I've played and/or currently have, my Breedlove Focus is the loudest acoustically

rich low end, crisp highs...
      8-)

what? me worry?

Comment

Originally posted by babusaada View Post
        Amen, brother. A friend of mine bought one and once I heard it I fell in love. Got myself a breedlove about 10 months ago and I'm still in love.

Comment

I play a Breedlove. They're amazing.

Comment

you guys own Breedlove stock, or something?

Smitty
            Love ONE woman...MANY guitars!

www.davidsproblem.wordpress.com

Comment

Just trying to help the local economy up yonder in Oregon

8-)

what? me worry?

Comment

So nice of you to think of us...wish some of those "progressive" types would too...and thats as political as I'm going to get!

Smitty

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post
                  So nice of you to think of us...wish some of those "progressive" types would too...and thats as political as I'm going to get!

Smitty
                  the virtual soapbox

go on brother, get on it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post

Smitty
                    By the way, Mr. "love one woman, many guitars".... what acoustics do you use??

Comment

You might be shocked to know that I play an Epiphone PR4 that I paid $300.00 for, about six years ago. When I bought the guitar I had no budget, and actually played about 50 acoustic/electric guitars over the course of two days. I played Taylors, and Martins, Gibsons, and a Guild (okay I didn't actually play a Breedlove), and I actually liked the Epi the best. I have since had several of my more snobby guitar buddies threaten to steal it. I don't know, maybe I got lucky with it...its just a great guitar.

Around the house I play an Ibanez acoustic/electric that I got about five years ago. Nothing special there either, but it holds a tune and has great action. I write songs with it.

I run the Epi through a chorus into the board. When I play the Ibanez away from home I run it into a Korg AX3A acoustic modeler into the board. The Ibanez has a passive PU...so it needs a little help...but no batteries to mess with.

Smitty

Comment

Working...
                      X