Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Keyboard Controller

Hey Gang,
    I'm in the market for a new USB MIDI Controller for my new office at SSCC. I want something that I can just plugin to my MacBook Pro - doesn't need any internal sounds, as I'll just play through GarageBand or something like that.

It's not really meant to be a big "live use" thing - just something to stay up in my office so I can plunk our Finale leadsheets, chord charts, melody lines, try different chord voicings, etc in my office without having to march the journey from our offices to the auditorium where the main instruments would be.

I was reading up on some of the 88-key M-Audio stuff, but across the board, all the reviews said things about the action like "if you are a piano player, you'll be disappointed".

Well ... I'm a piano player.

Suggestions? Reviews?
    Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
    blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
    www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
    www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

if you need a 61-key unit- I use the Novation X-station 61- great keybed, touchpad plus mod joystick, internal synth, 2in/2out audio card built in.
    All you need is this baby- I use it at church all the time to run my vsti rig.

Comment

I have an Oxygen 8, and I love it. The only issue is that is just a bit to small for really chording, the two octaves just get tight sometimes. I know that any M-audio product is going to be nice.

Comment

Hey Gang,
        I forgot about this older thread - I wound up getting that 88-key Pro M-Audio. It works great - I don't use 90% of what it could do as a controller. The action isn't great - just as the reviews said, it's plastic and very clunky and noisy.
        Fred McKinnon, Pianist/Composer/Worship Leader
        blog: www.fredmckinnon.com

Please check out my piano/instrumental music at:
        www.soundcloud.com/FredMcKinnonMusic
        www.youtube.com/c/FredMcKinnonMusic

Comment

Originally posted by twc_admin View Post
          Hey Gang,
          I forgot about this older thread - I wound up getting that 88-key Pro M-Audio. It works great - I don't use 90% of what it could do as a controller. The action isn't great - just as the reviews said, it's plastic and very clunky and noisy.
          i love my 88 key m-audio... i paid 100 bucks for it and we use it in worship every sunday that my team leads we run it through my macbook (working on find a decent synth module for it) but I have no complaints

Comment

Working...
          X