Four Force EM-1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Force EM-1

I have been looking at the Four Force EM-1, a five watt Class A solid state amp that had a lot of interesting press, for some time now. I watched some videos and was really intrigued. A five watt solid state amp that acts like a tube amp? That weighs less than 20 lbs.? That is getting favorable reviews? That costs less than $150.00...including shipping? I determined to get one to put through its paces, and then found out, much to my dismay, that the company had gone out of business!

Much to my surprise, I found a brand new EM-1 on nomorerack.com for roughly HALF price...$64.00...including shipping.

I have had this bad boy for a month now, and all I can say is...wow!

If you can find one...buy it. Just buy it.
    Love ONE woman...MANY guitars!

www.davidsproblem.wordpress.com

That's cool. Definitely unique.

Does it keep up with a band ok?

How does it do at high volumes- still have a good tone with some headroom?

From pictures I see it looks like it has an external speaker out- have you tried that yet?

What kind of rig are you playing through it?

Sorry for all the questions- just GAS'n
    If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

I like the amp a lot...its become my new favorite. It has a gain and master volume, so you can really drive it...gets to break up and handles it pretty well. Past break-up its a little bassy, so you need to watch the EQ...it has a three band. I have used a mic on it, and driven a 212 with it. It has great tone, and seems to like a mic better than running an ext. cab (still a little bassy) but both are definitely acceptable sounds. It likes pedals too. I like my Bad Monkey thru it a LOT. The FAT drive sounds good too, but Pigtronix built a whole lot of "middle" in that pedal...I like it with the tone knob past "noon".
      Love ONE woman...MANY guitars!

www.davidsproblem.wordpress.com

Comment

awesome-

Usually the lower wattage SS amps thin out when they get pushed hard, so it's cool that it still has low end- even if you have to dial it out.

The Bad Monkey is a nice sounding pedal. My bandmate in my work band prefers his Bad Monkey over his Rat.

Glad you like it- and it's definitely a unique design and bound to be a nice conversation starter.
        If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

Working...
        X