How do I use a powered mixer with powered speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I use a powered mixer with powered speakers

I was given a Peavey XR684 powered mixer and a pair of powered JBL Eon 15G2 speakers. I know that because both components each have their own built in amplifiers if I connect them together wrong I can severely damage my equipment. How do I set this system up properly? Which output on the powered mixer do I use? From what I found online it seems like the way to do this is by using a Line Out output but this is an older Peavey mixer and I do not see any Line Out outputs. The only other outputs other than the speaker/amplifier outputs on the back are a Monitor, Left/Mono, and Right outputs, these are located in front of the mixer. I know it's not any of the speaker outputs on the back of the mixer. I don't have money to go buy passive speakers, I need to make this work with the powered speakers that I have. Any help will be much appreciated! Thank you.

* I included a front and back picture of the mixer outputs and a picture of the inputs/outputs and controls on the JBL speakers.

Peavey.jpg
    back of mixer.JPG
    POWER-15-G2.jpg
    Last edited by Daniel; 03-17-2014, 07:06 PM. Reason: mispelling

To make this work, you'll need to run from the Left/Right outputs on the front of the mixer to the inputs on the speakers. Using those line outputs will bypass the built in amplifier in the mixer.
    Eric Frisch
    www.ericfrisch.com

Comment

You are amazing thank you so much, I really appreciate the help. God Bless!!!

Comment

Working...
      X