• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody Patterson
    started a topic Presonus QmIx

Presonus QmIx

Hi all!

I have been looking at the presonus digital mixers, I notice people recommending them because of Qmix.
    The concern I have is iof we don't buy avioms or something to plug headphones into what are we mixing with qmix?

I would like in-ear monitors like Behringer but people keep recommending qmix. The problem I see is how does the sound go from the mixer to your headphones? Does Presonus sell a headphone amp or something that is supposed to be used with the mixer? The thing with the behringer or aviom units is that they have a place to plug the headphones into.

Any advice?

Guest replied
    For our church's live recording back in April, our live engineer brought in a StudioLive 24, and all the band guys used Qmix. We had 10 monitor mixes for the night, and everyone just downloaded the app on their iPhones or iPads. It worked SUPER! We currently have a Yamaha 01v96i board at church, but I would love to get a Presonus 24 (or 32) board, and run Qmix every week.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My church has the Presonus 24ch board and we use Qmix every week. Eric is absolutely correct. All Qmix does is wirelessly control the Aux channels on the board. You still need either headphone amps, wireless in-ear systems (we use a combination of those two), or if you've got got a really good setting on the limiter, you could use wedges.
    That being said, I highly recommend it. It works exactly as advertised. Check and see what kind of phones your team members are carrying. For us, over half of us had iphones already so we just installed the free app. For the rest of the team we just bought a couple used ipod touches (way cheaper than avioms or even the Behringer system). Or better yet, ask your congregation ... you may find some folks wiling to donate an old ipod touch.

For a small church on a budget (which we definitely are) ... this is definitely the way to go.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by hadriyagee View Post
    Hello admin nice forum. i am a new user and i will be .. Actively participating
    Welcome to the forum Hadriyagee!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello admin nice forum. i am a new user and i will be .. Actively participating

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yes, that is one main reason we are looking at the Presonus thank you!

Leave a comment:

• efrisch
    replied
    Originally posted by Cody Patterson View Post
    That Is what I figured, thank you for the clarification! We currently do use the Behringer 8 channel headphone amp but our board doesn't have many aux sends and I would love personal control
    But to use Qmix you'd have to buy a Presonus mixer, which would solve this problem. 6 auxes on the 16, 10 on the 24, & 14 on the new 32 channel. Studiolive + ipods is still cheaper than Aviom.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    [QUOTE=efrisch;48088]I'm pretty sure the QMix app is for control only - no sound out the headphone jack.QUOTE]

That Is what I figured, thank you for the clarification! We currently do use the Behringer 8 channel headphone amp but our board doesn't have many aux sends and I would love personal control Thank you for the help!

Leave a comment:

• efrisch
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeymo1741 View Post
    QMix is an app that runs on an iphone or ipod or ipad. You plug your headphones into the jack.
    Are you using it this way? I'm pretty sure the QMix app is for control only - no sound out the headphone jack. You would need a separate headphone amp to amplify the signal. In that scenario you would simply run the monitor mixes back to the stage through your snake and then use headphone amps to amplify the sound for your musicians. You could look at a multi channel headphone amp like this one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...-headphone-amp

And then just run headphone extensions to your different stage positions. At our church we use these:

http://www.amazon.com/Fiio-E6-Headph...ywords=fiio+e6

We just run an unpowered line from the snake to each position, and then each musician can just clip the little amp to their belt and control their own volume. Surprisingly great sound for the money.

Either way, the Presonus + Qmix is a much more economical solution than a full Aviom or similar setup.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by mikeymo1741 View Post
    QMix is an app that runs on an iphone or ipod or ipad. You plug your headphones into the jack.
    So you don't need a wireless body pack or a wired system? If so that is fantastic...

Leave a comment:

• mikeymo1741
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X