Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal instrument monitor

Hey guys,

Hey guys, hoping there is a simple answer for this question.
    I use a sennheisser wireless for my guitar. We have a LOT of sound on our stage and do not have inear monitors. I need to hear a little bit more of my guitar. I was thinking maybe I could split a cable out of my guitar, one to my sennheisser and one to a mini headphone amp and use earbuds, just like in ears, just for my guitar. I can usually hear everything else I need, just dont want to ask for more acoustic guitar if everyone else doesnt need it. Any suggestions? Would this work?
    Love the Lord your God with all your heart with your soul with all your mind and with all your strength!!

"disclaimer- if there is an embedded video, I can't see it right now, just a bunch of space, in case I ask stupid questions...)

Well, if you are going to run wireless headphones- if you have wired headphones, it's kind of defeats the purpose of a wireless guitar.

Where is your wireless receiver plugged into- does it go to a preamp, pod, mixer, etc? That would help identify the choices.

Probably your best bet (depending on wireless model), if you have the XLR out and a 1/4 out on the receiver, take the 1/4 out and run it into a (wireless) headphone amp and see if that works.

What this could turn into is a discombobulation of cables and transceivers that are a lot more hassle than going wireless is worth.

Who do you share a monitor mix with? If you share with a couple people, see if it bothers them

Another option might be a small amp that would sit next to your monitor where you could dial in the guitar you want and not affect monitor mixes.
    If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

It is a little pricey, but you may want to look into the shure PSM-200 personal ear monitor system, It is really cool. It has 2 inputs and 2 direct outs on the back. so you run your monitor mix into input 1 and control the volume of that mix for you then run your guitar into input 2 and through to your mixing console. In doing so, you have volume control over your band mix as a whole, and also you can turn you guitar up louder in your mix without effecting anybody else.

I use it for my wireless vocal mic, and have the mic unit and the monitor unit in a small rack box i keep off to the side of the stage. I just run the mic straight into channel 2 on the shure system, then straight out of there to the mixing console.

Comment

Working...
      X