Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in the pipeline for 2015?

Hi all,

With the new year under way, I'm declaring that 2015 will be a strong year for Christ's church, and hoping you are as well.

So what are you all hoping to see happen in 2015 for your worship ministries?

What are people seeing on the horizon as far as music goes? Do you plan on changing things up a bit, re-energizing your team in some way, etc.?

For my own self, I plan on spending a lot more time focusing on developing my guitar skills. I've noticed some growth, as I'm making a lot less mistakes and being more bold in my playing, and I've gotten a lot of positive feedback from everyone from the teens to the pastor's wife, so that's been encouraging.

I still have an undying love for the bass, though. All eyes are on the rock star, but their heads are bobbin' to the bass guitar

I also have to step up my Bible reading and prayer time in 2015.

So how about you all?
    If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Well, I started the year with the determination that if I want to draw closer to God I need to demonstrate my commitment to that end with significant personal change...so I gave up smoking. I'm going on a week and a half now and with God's help it's going to work this time.

In terms of the music I intend to get much more serious and committed to bringing more original compositions into our material. Originals have always been something of a notable signature for this group, but we've gotten away from it and for our purposes in a ministry that reaches out as we do to non-traditional communities (bikers, addicts, convicted felons, etc.) it plays an important part in establishing some commonality with them.

To make this a bit easier I've gotten back into using my home recording studio to develop demo's of the new material so it's easier for everyone to learn as they will have a reference point. I also opened up a Soundcloud account specifically for hosting these demos of originals for easier sharing and teamwork on them. I'm hoping these efforts will pay off this year in our ability to produce a live CD. Here's a link to the Soundcloud account if you're interested.

https://soundcloud.com/dunedindragon
    The Posse Band live performance tracks can be heard by CLICKING HERE

Comment

That's awesome. I'll get in agreement with you that you are done smoking.

I quit about 12 years ago. The first 5 were tough- I'd get downwind of someone smoking and get the urge, but then it got to the point where it really didn't bother me anymore. So I can relate to how much discipline and effort it takes.

Keep on writing the originals. We're called to sing new songs, to me that includes writing new songs as well. I've got a few I'm working on.

Be blessed
      If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

I think this is the year I am going to package some of my best songs and submit them to a few publishers. I tried this a couple times in the past, failed. But I think I got the push to try again.

Any advice in this area will be welcomed.
        Nick Alexander
        Host, The Prayer Meeting Podcast
        Worship that is Contemporary, Traditional, Charismatic, Contemplative, Spontaneous, based on the Church calendar, play it whenever you want.
        Find out what Nick Alexander can do for your conference, retreat or workshop.

Comment

Working...
        X