A new twist on an old Christmas Carol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new twist on an old Christmas Carol

Yes, Christmas is upon us! Seems like I've been writing Christmas arrangements all summer. Here's a new twist on the familiar carol, "The First Noel". I hope you like it!
    "Noel"
    Last edited by Lowell Hohstadt; 09-04-2014, 10:32 PM.
    www.lowellhohstadt.com

Link?

Nate
    Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

Comment

I like it-

It's familiar enough to recognize but has it's own flavor.

Keep up the good work
      If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

I like it-

It's familiar enough to recognize but has it's own flavor.

Keep up the good work
        If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to listen! Here is yet another arrangement on 'Silent Night'. Hope you like it!
          "Silent Night"
          www.lowellhohstadt.com

Comment

Hi Lowell, just had a listen to both arrangements - great work! Absolutely LOVED the arrangement of Silent Night with all the harmonic tensions etc - I'm a music graduate myself (though doing very little with that at the moment other than some piano teaching) and it's so nice to hear really creative, excellent orchestral music being produced for worshipful use.

Do you ever arrange any more contemporary stuff for Christmas? I'm part of a UK worship songwriters collection based at RESOUNDworship.org and our most popular material has always been our Christmas-themed songs, especially 'What Kind of Throne' by Joel Payne and my "On Christmas Day" We've produced very basic orchestral arrangements for those songs, the sort that a much smaller church with limited musical resources might manage, but if you ever wanted to arrange a more contemporary Christmas song to a vastly higher standard, I for one would love to hear the result!

All the best, and props for your organisation, I never got round to organising Christmas stuff over the summer, despite telling myself pretty much every year I was working as a worship pastor that this would be the year I'd finally manage it.... !!
            Matt Osgood
            www.RESOUNDworship.org
            Free New Songs for Worship Leaders Worldwide

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts

I love "On Christmas Day" especially the lyrics of verse 1 and 2, really fresh and thought-provoking!
              Regarding my writing/arranging, do you imagine an instrumental 'interlude' to you song, full orchestra, string quartet...? I'm quite busy with other projects right now, but I'd be honored to give it a go, when I have some extra time. I can create in any style/instrumentation, but I'd like to connect with your hopes before I start.

All the best!
              www.lowellhohstadt.com

Comment

Working...
              X