Old Church, Young Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Church, Young Leaders

Hey Guys, My name is Tommy Lindsly I'm 21 years old and I attend a small rural church in Oklahoma named Cleora Community Church and it has very very dated worship. Me and another friend of mine are wanting to begin introducing some more modern worship into the service but are a little unsure of how new is too new. We would like to do songs like "O Praise the Name" or "Resurrecting" but were afraid of resistance from the congregation.

Right now it looks like it will just be her and I with an acoustic. So, it's definitely nothing fancy that we're working with, but if anyone has been in a similar situation we would love some song choices that would help to modernize our service a little bit while allowing the congregation to not feel to uncomfortable, we would really appreciate it.

We have a really great congregation but it seems they've lost touch with what it means to worship, and as a young college student in an old congregation I'm faced with resistance anytime I try to offer advice on how things could improve the quality of worship in which we are offering. Any advice offered will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,

Working...
X