One to two teams & two worship leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One to two teams & two worship leaders

I need help! I have no other frame of reference so I’m reaching out.

My church has gone to two services and created two separate praise teams. They made me the “leader” of one of them. I don’t have experience at leading a team.

Is this something other churches have done? Two separate teams? I’m struggling because they say I am a praise team leader but the other leader, who has been the leader for a few years now, is the praise and worship leader overall. I have such a bad feeling about this. Am I valid and what I’m feeling? What should be happening?

Hi Sarah,

I would say if you have a bad feeling, it's ok. Often when people are placed in a leader role like this, it can be intimidating.

If you have questions, the best thing to do is speak up Talk to the team leader and see what they expect you to do. Sometimes (in fact most times) you are your own best advocate. As a manager where I work, I can attest to how easy it is to assume people on my team understand what's going on just because I do. It helps me when people raise their hand and say 'wait a minute, I'm not sure I understand." That's perfectly fine.

Whatever you do, don't suffer in silence and uncertainty. They wanted you to do this because they have confidence in you, so have confidence in yourself . Part of that is being confident enough to ask questions

Hope it works out for you

Mike

If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

Hello Mike,

I appreciate your reply and you are absolutely correct. I spoke up yesterday in our leader conference call and it felt so uncomfortable but, I did anyway challenging myself. This is surely a growing opportunity and I can’t allow myself to shrink back anymore. Transition and change is tricky for all of us involved but I know it can only get better from here.

I appreciate your encouragement! You hit the nail right on the head. It’s all about my confidence.

Thank you again!

Sarah

Comment

Glad to hear you survived your first conference call. They do get easier.

Keep growing your confidence. This is the prime opportunity for the enemy to whisper self-doubt and defeat. When that happens, tell the devil to shut up and latch on to God's call on your life to step into this role. Remember, God doesn't call the equipped- He equips the called. That's you Part of this equipping is to build your own confidence and to believe what He says about you, not what the devil and the doubters say. Lauren Daigle put it to song- believe what God says of you and walk boldly in it. If you do that, you will be successful.

Mike

If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

Working...
        X