!-- Beacon Ads Ad Code -->

Sponsor Ad:

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please pray for God's will in my life (calling, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for God's will in my life (calling, etc)

This post is why I joined, although I intend to stick around and be a blessing to everyone.

I need to know what to do with myself in terms of my calling and future direction. So prayer would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to be as brief as possible.

Around age 17, I felt called to be a music minister. At age 18, I got a 100% tuition scholarship to Tennessee Temple University to study Church Music. I successfully completed my internship and my junior piano recital. I got kicked out at my 3.5 year mark for an inappropriate sexual relationship. I left to go home, couldn't find a job, and then joined the military.

I got married too soon and this relationship ended at the 9 year mark. Both of us cheated on the other, so I tentatively consider this Biblical, although my actions certainly were not biblical, if that makes sense.

I have led worship off and on while in the military, usually at military chapels.

I was dealing with an addiction in my life and now I am 2 years sober. I am currently being used by God in jail visitation, teaching the Word of God and generally helping the addicted.

I'm about to finish my bachelors (Libert U. online) in Addiction & Recovery Psychology with a minor in Christian Counseling (same course work that pastoral counselors do at the bachelor's level).

I read that the calling of God (Romans 11:29) is not to be repented of. Now I'm in a conundrum. I am already filling out applications to do a Masters degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) but the worship "bug" is back with a vengeance.

Am I still called to be a music minister? How do I know what I'm supposed to do now? I've got too many options: MA CMHC w/ lay worship leader on the side, Liberty's online MA Worship Arts + Pastoral Counseling and lead worship part time, or apply for a full time position and do the MA part time? In all these options, the opportunity to do lay counseling (and addiction counseling) still exists, so it's like I've got too many options.

I don't know what to do. I've been praying relentlessly. I need to know by the summer of next year. I've asked God to reveal it via a sign. For instance, I've asked God that if I get into Baylor's PsyD program (6/300 shot) that this must be His will (i.e. that getting accepted would be the sign). I've asked him that if I get a chance to lead worship at my current church (currently I play electric guitar, sing, and play aux synth) that this would be the "fleece" that means I should go back into worship leading. I've asked God to reveal to my wife what I should do (i.e. "confirm", etc).

I'm at my wit's end. Please pray for me.
    Last edited by radelahunt; 08-10-2019, 01:56 PM.

Hey, man, first off, welcome aboard. There isn't as much activity as there used to be, but there are a few die-hards that pop in now and again. So you might not get many responses right away.

One thing that I keep hearing in my life- listen. Praying is good- there is a time to pray, then a time to sit back and listen. Listen for the whispers, the Holy Spirit confirmations, the inner peace.This is the part where you really have to trust God. He does things in His timing.
    If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

Working...
    X