Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiritual Gifts that Lend to Leading Worship

Hello All,

I'm revamping some of our training material for the teams I lead (worship and tech), and am thinking about which spiritual gifts (see the Scripture listed below) are typically or most often found in those who lead worship (not just the front-men/women, but the band as well). What has your experience working with others in this ministry shown you about the common spiritual gifts among those who lead worship?

Romans 12:4-9
    "Now as we have many parts in one body, and all the parts do not have the same function, 5 in the same way we who are many are one body in Christ and individually members of one another. 6 According to the grace given to us, we have different gifts: If prophecy, use it according to the standard of one’sfaith;7 if service, in service; if teaching, in teaching; 8 if exhorting, in exhortation; giving, with generosity; leading, with diligence; showing mercy, with cheerfulness."

Eph 4:11-13
    "And He personally gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 for the training of the saints in the work of ministry, to build up the body of Christ, 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of God’s Son, growing into a mature man with a stature measured by Christ’s fullness."

1 Cor. 12:4-10
    "Now there are different gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are different ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are different activities, but the same God activates each gift in each person.[b] 7 A demonstration of the Spirit is given to each person to produce what is beneficial: to one is given a message of wisdom through the Spirit, to another, a message of knowledge by the same Spirit, 9 to another, faith by the same Spirit, to another, gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 to another, the performing of miracles, to another, prophecy, to another, distinguishing between spirits, to another, different kinds of languages, to another, interpretation of languages."

1 Cor. 12:27-30
    "Now you are the body of Christ, and individual members of it. 28 And God has placed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, next miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, managing, various kinds of languages. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all do miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in other languages? Do all interpret?"

1 Peter 4: 10-11
    "Based on the gift each one has received, use it to serve others, as good managers of the varied grace of God. 11 If anyone speaks, it should be as one who speaks God’s words; if anyone serves, it should be from the strength God provides, so that God may be glorified through Jesus Christ in everything. To Him belong the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen."

Nate
    Last edited by milepost13; 09-29-2017, 08:52 AM.
    Practical Worship

Please Pray For My Wife

What it's shown me-

Matthew 3:8-10
    8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

This reminds me that in the same way God can raise up stones into children of Abraham, he can raise anyone up to play music on the worship team. Just because I have a talent gifted to me does not mean I'm entitled to a position. It's an honor to serve- whether it's playing bass, guitar, drums, sound, up front, behind the scenes, it's all an honor. No position of service anywhere is beneath me. And if I get a haughty attitude or act like it's all about me, I gave God permission to take the ax to me.

John 21:21-22
    21 When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?” 22 Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.”

This reminds me not to get caught up in what other people are doing or not doing. I have my hands full walking my own calling. It's not up to me to stick my nose in everyone else is doing or not doing. it's my responsibility to do me- God has others on their own business and it;s not up to me to second guess it. This has cut back on so much stress in my ministry. I used to get caught up in what other people's motives were, etc. But I eventually learned that I was causing more drama than I was curing.

The biggest thing I've learned over the years is the KISS principle. Don't try to over-spiritualize it, don't take myself too seriously, and use my gifts to bless others- to represent God and my church well.
    If we want to go places we haven't been, we will have to do things we haven't done.

Comment

Working...
    X